Judy Allison passes....

specialk

the matriarch of one NASCARS greatest racing families.....

Judy Allison, wife of Bobby, Passes After Complications from Surgery: The Allison Family is sad to announce the passing of Judy A. Allison, age 74, after complications from surgery earlier today at Iredell Memorial Hospital in Statesville, NC. Bobby Allison, NASCAR Hall of Famer driver, and Judy were married for 55 years. She was surrounded by her family, daughters Bonnie Farr and Carrie Hewitt, grandson Robbie Allison, brother-in-law Donnie Allison and his wife, Pat. At this time, funeral and memorial arrangements are pending and will be announced when finalized. The family members ask for privacy during this difficult and sad time (NASCAR)
NASCAR Statement on the Passing of Judy Allison: "NASCAR extends its condolences to the friends and family of Judy Allison, the wife of NASCAR Hall of Famer Bobby Allison. Judy, the matriarch of a cornerstone NASCAR family, provided the foundation for the careers of a legendary husband and two sons who both lost their lives entirely too soon. Her love extended well beyond her own family, as many in the NASCAR family leaned upon Judy for support and compassion during many difficult times. We are deeply saddened by the loss of a true friend, and a woman who has given much to our sport."(NASCAR)(12-18-2015)
Services and more Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 12 Noon on Monday, December 28, 2015, at St. Aloysius Catholic Church, Bessemer, AL. Burial will follow at Highland Memorial Gardens, Bessemer, AL. The family will receive friends from 10:30 - 12 Noon prior to the mass at the church. Mass of Christian Burial will also be held at 11 AM, Saturday, January 9, 2016, at St. Therese Catholic Church, Mooresville, NC. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Therese Catholic Church, 217 Brawley School Rd, Mooresville, NC 28117, St. Aloysius Catholic Church, 751 Academy Dr., Bessemer, AL 35022, Victory Junction, 4500 Adams Way, Randleman, NC 27317 or Big Oak Ranch, 6000 Shelley Dr, Springville, AL 35146. Cavin-Cook Funeral Home, Mooresville, NC and Peoples Chapel Funeral Home, Hueytown, AL is serving the Allison family. Condolences may be made to the Allison family at www.cavin-cook.com.(Charlotte Observer)(12-20-2015)

Nugefan

Bless her heart ...RIP Mrs. Judy ...

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bobby has lived a life that would challenge most people's faith. Lost two sons and now his wife. Suffered through a horrible crash that left mental and physical scars. Booby was a big part of the sport I loved for so many years. Tragedy has been a big part of his life. When Kyle Petty lost his son, Bobby and Judy fought through a tough time in their marriage and was there to offer moral support too the Petty Clan.

riprap

Bobby has lived a life that would challenge most people's faith. Lost two sons and now his wife. Suffered through a horrible crash that left mental and physical scars. Booby was a big part of the sport I loved for so many years. Tragedy has been a big part of his life. When Kyle Petty lost his son, Bobby and Judy fought through a tough time in their marriage and was there to offer moral support too the Petty Clan.

I remember watching the Daytona 500 the following year after Bobby won and they had a clip of Judy trying to rehab with Bobby. He didn't remember winning Daytona but could remember things of long ago. I also remember where I was when I found out Adam petty died. I really wanted to see him do well. He carried himself like Richard.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think Adam could have been a Superstar in the sport Rip.

specialk

here's a picture Kelly Earnhardt Miller posted on her twitter feed....she was with Bobby and Judy in October at a Motor Racing Outreach event......

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 75