Kelly Bryant Transferring - Clemson

Tmpr111

This. Anyone who still thinks there’s a “QB controversy” at GA should check the snap count VS Mizzou.

Fromm is the leader for sure! Shouldn’t lose his job until he loses it either! But fields isn’t sitting or playing part time for two years. And if he does, write this down! I will pay for everyone above to have a Woodys forum membership for life! :)

someguyintraffic

I’m a big Trevor Lawrence fan. He’s a local kid and everyone around here loves him for not only what he has done on the field but more importantly off the field. He is truly a good kid! Bryant may be the best QB at Clempsun right now but Lawrence was going to get the job eventually and with the cupcake schedule that they have from here on out Trevor is going to get some good on the job training for the future

Lawrence is way better than Bryant. Dabo thinks so too.

Lawrence set the GA HS QB passing yards record at Cartersville.

someguyintraffic

The handful of games I saw him play at Cartersville it was apparent he was big leauge. 2 AAAA Region 5 state titles at Cville with Lawrence.

someguyintraffic

The handful of games I saw him play at Cartersville it was apparent he was big leauge. 2 AAAA Region 5 state titles at Cville with Lawrence.

I saw Justin Fields a ton at Harrison. Lawrence is a natural, head and shoulders over Fields.

Fields was a celebrity at Harrison. Went by Minit Saver to get breakfast and he'd be there hanging with friends before school and people would be gathered around him like he was Joe Namath. Couldnt even get a biscuit for the pile of people.

Last edited:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Why was the new Redshirt rule put in play? Can other schools actively recruit these kid as soon as they official declare they are free agents?

Tmpr111

Why was the new Redshirt rule put in play? Can other schools actively recruit these kid as soon as they official declare they are free agents?

Yes. Not sure of the exacts, but I'm fairly certain it had a little to do with how a coach can leave/abandon his team and coach the next day somewhere else. That noise and understandably so was getting loud.

across the river

Bryant has already used up three years of eligibility, and he is a senior this year working on his fourth year of eligibility. He has graduated, but had he played more than four games this year he would have "used up" his last year of eligibility and wouldn't have the option to go anywhere else an play. Dabo saw the writing on the wall(as did everyone else), did the right thing, and let him know before he had played in a fifth game and burned up his opportunity to move one to somewhere else. He could have stayed the remainder of the year as a backup(which I think Dabo wanted obviously), rode the pine and not played anymore, and move on somewhere else next year and still played. However, if he came in for another play at Clemson, even if in wasn't until say the playoffs, his last year of eligibility would be used up and he wouldn't have the option to move on to anywhere else next year. He choose to go ahead and leave, so he can start weighing his options. Had this all happened last year he would already be out of eligibility.

Now in the Jalen Hurts situation, he is on his third year of eligibility this year. He can play more this, which will burn his third year, but he can graduate, transfer and still have a year to play immediately somewhere else.

The new rule had the intent to allow kids who came in for a game or two as a freshman or sophomore keep that year of eligibility, but it has created another situation where upper classmen who have graduated (or will graduate this year) and loose their jobs (or aren't happy for other reasons) can leave after up to four games and become a sort of "free agent" to go somewhere else. It doesn't make as much sense for those who haven't or won't graduate that year, as they sit out 8 plus games this year, and would then have to still sit out the entire next year at whatever school they went to. They are going to loose a year either way in that situation.

For instance, say this rule had existed last year, and Jacob Eason used last year as his redshirt year even though he played. He would still have to sit out this year and loose a year of eligibility, so in those situations it don't really make a difference. Since Kelly has graduated, it does.

lbzdually

Banned
I saw Justin Fields a ton at Harrison. Lawrence is a natural, head and shoulders over Fields.

Fields was a celebrity at Harrison. Went by Minit Saver to get breakfast and he'd be there hanging with friends before school and people would be gathered around him like he was Joe Namath. Couldnt even get a biscuit for the pile of people.

During scouting camps, scouts said Fields was the best HS qb they have ever seen and he was competing alongside of Lawrence. Even if you take away the ability to scramble, like in 7 on 7 tournaments, Fields just dissected the 5 star DB's and LB's by putting throw and after throw into tiny windows. He see's the whole field better than Fromm already. Fromm completely forgets he has TE's, whereas Nauta will be a top round draft pick if Fields gets the starting job. That being said Fromm is the starter because he is the Dawgs best opportunity to win.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
It will get interesting next year at UGA. I think Fields is okay with the playing time he is getting this year, but think he gonna have to touch the football a lot more next year to keep him happy.

Tmpr111

I heard the commentators this weekend saying they felt Bryant quit on his team, that he was selfish. I'm still trying to process that and how anyone can say that about the kid. Unlike most 4-5 stars these days, he sat and waited as a team guy. Sure, no one is saying Swinney picked the wrong QB, but sure can't see how anyone can blame the guy for this move.

SpotandStalk

If he has eligibility and wants to play then I don't blame him.