Krappie Krane Fishing 2023 Review

KrappieKrane

The Good Lord had Blessed me with a Great Year chasing the Georgia Slabs and I am truly truly Thankful! I’ve had the opportunity to have an article written in GON about fishing West Point Lake. I’ve been shown on the Crappie Now online magazine four seperate occasions. I’ve caught my PB at 2.66lb, three 2.5lbers, two 2 lbers, and so many fish between 1.5-1.9lb that I stopped counting. Thanks to All that follow me on my social media sites, the constant messages and calls talking about fishing, and the Big Man Above that allows me to chase my dreams. Tightlines to All and Seen Ya on the Water!

IMG_3687.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Hope to see you on the water soon. I’m going to start easing my boat away from the house end of this month. Love to crappie fish

KrappieKrane

Hope to see you on the water soon. I’m going to start easing my boat away from the house end of this month. Love to crappie fish
Perfect time of the year for crappie. Big Slabs and less boat traffic is a perfect combo. Tightlines to ya and see ya on the water.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good stuff ! Having plenty of time to go sure helps but consistently catching giant crappie isn’t luck , congrats and good luck on that 3 pounder

trad bow

Hope your quest for a three pounder is successful.

trad bow

I haven’t caught any crappie over 2 lb in several years. My largest out of Lake Oconee was 2 lb 14 oz right after it was filled.

Arrow3

Lake Russell has some tanks in it. I've hooked a fish there that I think was in the 3lb consideration. He got off as I was trying to lip him (no net). I have caught and weighed 2 1/2 lbers there .