Lake Sinclair Information

af4evr13

Hello, I am new to fishing Lake Sinclair and was looking for advice of best areas of lake to anchor up and catch crappie and throw out for Blues. Prefer areas where there will not be a ton on traffic to deal with if that is even possible. Best areas to put in etc. Appreciate any information. Thank you!

sleepr71

It’s Summer time & peak season…so..we try to fish Early & Late. Any section of the Lake can produce..just gotta find them! If you have a Fishfinder..look for underwater structure in coves,especially at the mouth of narrower coves. Sinclair still has plenty of fish..but finding them can be a chore! Some of the more experienced will be along soon.

af4evr13

Looking to go Sunday this week. Any recommendations for this weekend? Best places to target for crappie etc. thank you.

madsam

If your in a boat find a steep bank along crooked creek in back of coves and fish
6-10' off the bank with pinks . Only thread one end of worm under cork. This is
for catfish(sometime shellcracker). I shoot deep docks with jigs for crappie . If that is a choice use light
jig with yellow /white combo. Near end of day bottom fish a pink about anywhere . If the water is moving between the Dams fishing is always better.
Hope u catch a mess !!!

Last edited:

af4evr13

If your in a boat find a steep bank along crooked creek in back of coves and fish
6-10' off the bank with pinks . Only thread one end of worm under cork. This is
for catfish(sometime shellcracker). I shoot deep docks with jigs for crappie . If that is a choice use light
jig with yellow /white combo. Near end of day bottom fish a pink about anywhere . If the water is moving between the Dams fishing is always better.
Hope u catch a mess !!!
Thank you. So I am clear…kind of newb to using threads. Pinks I am assuming are small red worms? Do you fish off the bottom or suspend early in the day? Can you catch blues in these same areas? Thank you.

Mexican Squealer

Easiest thing on the planet to catch right now...use what you have available. Shrimp will keep you in 3-10 lb fish...live brim on 2 big rods, cut gizzard shad on 2 big rods and you will have it covered. I fish everything with a trolling sinker, 60 lb mono leader and 7/0 offset circle hook. Hate to know how many catfish I’ve cleaned up river from Sinclair past 3 weeks....lots of big blues and big flatheads. Biggest challenge for us has been keeping a net from folding in half trying to get fish on the dock. Night fishing mostly.

af4evr13

Easiest thing on the planet to catch right now...use what you have available. Shrimp will keep you in 3-10 lb fish...live brim on 2 big rods, cut gizzard shad on 2 big rods and you will have it covered. I fish everything with a trolling sinker, 60 lb mono leader and 7/0 offset circle hook. Hate to know how many catfish I’ve cleaned up river from Sinclair past 3 weeks....lots of big blues and big flatheads. Biggest challenge for us has been keeping a net from folding in half trying to get fish on the dock. Night fishing mostly.
Great info. Going to show my newness to fishing the south. I have caught Blues south of Columbus on the River…cutting channel cats up and throwing out. So when you say shrimp? Just straight up raw shrimp or a special kind? Where do you get the Gizzard Chad? Do you find certain areas of the River better than others? Coves, main channel etc?

Mexican Squealer

Straight up fresh shrimp from Kroger ( frozen if you have to)....cast net around bridge pilings for gizzard and threadfin shad. Catch the biggest brim you can in the back of coves on worms, crickets or popping bugs....sling worms directly on top of any sea wall to catch rock bass for live bait. Experiment with big cut baits, heads and shrimp but keep live baits out as well.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Pinks I am assuming are small red worms?
Pinks are the large sorta pink worm, the little red ones are red wigglers which are great for bream. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
There’s a Chevron/bait store where US 441 crosses the lake on the Putnam side. Big Ed works there. Ask him what are they biting and where’s a good place to fish.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Is that a public boat launch as well?

There is a ramp that many use. I’m not sure if it’s public or privately owned. Lakeside is the name of the bait shop. They have Facebook I think

Redbeardless

I know that this will probably draw fire from purist cut and live bait fishermen, but if you want to load your boat with blues and channel cats, go to the grocery store and buy some boneless chicken, either breasts or thighs, cut into pieces about the size of your thumb from the joint to the end, put them in a ziplock bag and empty a pack of strawberry jello and mix well. Put in the refrigerator overnight and use on a 3/0 or 4/0 circle hook. Fish some on the bottom, but fish some about 5' deep under a float and hang on. I have been filling my cooler with blues on Oconee the last couple of weeks. A couple over 10 lbs. and a bunch 4-6 lbs. Mix it up with cut bream and shad and see which produces best for you. Good Luck!!! And post up some photos, cause I know you are going to have some to take pictures of!!!

madsam

Thank you. So I am clear…kind of newb to using threads. Pinks I am assuming are small red worms? Do you fish off the bottom or suspend early in the day? Can you catch blues in these same areas? Thank you.
Louisiana Pinks (long worm) If you can't find the Pinks get the longest worm u can.Keep the bait right off of the bottom .Foot or less. Yes u can catch blues ...

ugajay

If they don't have Louisiana pinks, ask if they have flat tails. That's also a good sized worm and good bait

ugajay

I know that this will probably draw fire from purist cut and live bait fishermen, but if you want to load your boat with blues and channel cats, go to the grocery store and buy some boneless chicken, either breasts or thighs, cut into pieces about the size of your thumb from the joint to the end, put them in a ziplock bag and empty a pack of strawberry jello and mix well. Put in the refrigerator overnight and use on a 3/0 or 4/0 circle hook. Fish some on the bottom, but fish some about 5' deep under a float and hang on. I have been filling my cooler with blues on Oconee the last couple of weeks. A couple over 10 lbs. and a bunch 4-6 lbs. Mix it up with cut bream and shad and see which produces best for you. Good Luck!!! And post up some photos, cause I know you are going to have some to take pictures of!!!
This straight works. Have you put any garlic powder in yours before? I've heard a couple guys say it works but I haven't used it.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I have tried this ,from the sultans recipe. And had no luck. Don't forget the anise extract