Late season dove shoot

spring

Well done! Looking forward to getting after some tomorrow with my 9-year old yellow lab by my side. A well-trained dog just makes the whole experience special.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
This video is fantastic as it makes my mouth water just thinking about past times of being able to dove hunt as such. I love your smart and well-trained Dog, Bronny too. He appears to be worth his weight in Gold in the field too.

I really like everything with your set-up with the fallen tree as a great blind to be able to hunt with some cover as such. That is also a great sight of the your line-up of your 10 doves as well.

You also have a nice looking gun as well. I have never shot the over and under type barrels before but I have shot the regular side by sides a long a time ago while quail hunting in Orangeburg County, South Carolina. I still remember very well the day that I made the mistake of pulling both triggers at the same time and it knocking me down on one knee. My Father just laughed at me and said, "That will teach you about putting both fingers into the trigger guard at once". I was probably about 13 years old at that time and I remember that this was the first time that I had even seen an irrigation ditch and it must have been 4-6 feet deep and you had to find a place to cross it to get the dogs and your birds too.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Uptonongood

Boy, that brings back great memories of my Lab Grits. I truly wish I had taken more videos of her working. She's been gone a year now and the loss hasn't diminished much. Obedient, bird loving, energetic dogs just take bird hunting to its highest level. well done!