Lets see some work stations (fly benchs)

TopWater94

where you spend time away from the grind, ladies and gentlemen, our place of zen away from the water...

TopWater94

my bench I made

work horse

Attachments

• iPhone 9-24-09 006.jpg
    iPhone 9-24-09 006.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 812

TopWater94

currently adding on and not stained yet, but my excuse is that everytime I sit down to work on it I end up tying flies.

overbrook

here's mine.....

MVC-477S.jpg

IMGP0117.jpg

IMGP0116.jpg

IMGP0111.jpg

after a bad day of tying ....

IMGP0243.jpg

IMGP0244.jpg

all that and since I'm an over the road driver...90% of my flies are tied on this.....sitting in the passenger seat and my "mobile fly tying station" on my lap.....

IMGP0245.jpg

the desk is a custom two man tying station made by "flytyingdesksbyCharles" so that my wife and I or my children and I can tie flies together.

http://www.flytyingdesksbycharles.com/Site/Welcome.html

(Mods...I hope posting a link is not against the rules...if so plz feel free to delete Thnx overbrook )

Headsortails

Man, Overbrook, I'm impressed. Looks like you know how to tie feathers.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I ain't showin mine till I straighten up a bit! My vice is attached to a tray table!:rofl:

luv2drum

I ain't showin mine till I straighten up a bit! My vice is attached to a tray table!:rofl:

Mine litterally is attached to a little folding tray table. I was about ready to use the wife's cat for target practice last night. I would be working on a fly then all of a sudden some of my materials would go flying(kitten thinks they are toys). I want to do a set up that I can close up when I'm not working, to keep the critters out.:biggrin2:

gabreamfanatic

well here is mine as i am a newbie at this. this use to be my modeling desk but since i cant see those darn tiny parts any more i have taking up tie flying and fishing. i am a long ways from getting it to the way i want it to be done.
Picture-1.jpg

dadsbuckshot

Nice folks.

I want to tie flys, but don't know where to start.

Plus I need to get a fly rod etc... to get started in Fly Fishing - yet again don't know where to start..

Looks relaxing tying them.

gabreamfanatic

you dont have to get expensive with this you can get yourself a kit from either bass pro shop or cableas thats what i did.or if the other fly tyers can lead you to some other sites for kits and the you can branch out from thier. as for the rod choices abound on that on too. just read some of the post on here and that will put you on course. thier is a bass pro shop one thats is really cheap.

MossyOak

Here's my homemade bench

All made with scrap lumber from a cabin that was being built next door too me when I lived in Ellijay, ga.
Yes its heavy..................but a goddun..
I urethaned over small flies, quail and pheasant feathers as well as my business cards in it.
The legs wasnt scrap, I went to home depot and got 4 deck post ( cedar ) and just turned them upside down for the legs.

Tight lines to every-1

Mossy

Attachments

• Bench.jpg
    Bench.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 591
  • bench2.jpg
    bench2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 531
  • bench3 (Small).jpg
    bench3 (Small).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 568

overbrook

I like the top of the table part.....if you stain and finish the rest of that...its gonna be really nice!!