Letting a friend hunt

buckpasser

@Joe Brandon

You’re doing nothing wrong. Your friend should have used more sense and not let his permission be translated into bringing other hunters when he’s the one allowed to hunt. It might be a valuable life lesson to him.

I’ve been blessed to have some truly awesome hunting ground off of just permission. If the landowner ever asks me “you care if my nephew hunts this season?” I say “absolutely! It’s your land. Thank you for allowing me to hunt! How can I help him?” Also, you will never catch me bringing other people to hunt on a permission spot. Also, if I were to be sharing rights with the owner, I would make myself very scarce! Your friend didn’t think through this thing. Your text was gentle about it, but worded very well to get your point across.

cliffdweller

One of the best tracts of land I ever hunted consistently in my 45 yrs on planet earth was 5 acres up in Gallatin Tennessee. It got developed eventually, but that dang place had more deer than the entire Chattahoochee National Forest. Shot my first Archery deer on that lot, and got WAY too attached.