Little Man Finally Found 1st Place UPd 29 Jul 2023

basshappy

BANNED
Man that water was probably cold as all get out too! Definitely life jacket boating weather.

Sadly the water was warmer than the air temp! LOL. I think surface was 41 degrees Fahrenheit, and air was only 27. We always wear the vests when in our yaks. I never did, until my boy came along, and now I always do.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
WOOHOO! Sorry I’m late to the ceremony! WAY TO GO KID! Congratulations on the win! I’d be real proud of those top 5 finishes too!:cheers:

basshappy

BANNED

basshappy

BANNED
Last fishing event for Cobb Parks this morning. So yesterday my boy and I go to the pond and he scopes it out. The usual looking for structure, cover, fish, etc. Based on his Intel he decides when the event starts at 9 AM he'll chuck out a line for catfish in deeper water, but head to a shallow area and fish for bass.

His plan worked as when the horn sounded lines in the water at 9 AM he landed his largest fish, a bass, real quick in that shallow area. He landed a couple more fish all smaller in the next 2 hours, but when the event ended at 11 AM that first bass he landed ended up his largest fish, and landed him first place. Everyone fishing for catfish were skunked - not a single cat was landed. Top 3 fish were all bass. Usually cats win. Good thing my boy did his recon mission yesterday, good Intel landed him top spot.

Thank you Cobb Parks and Rec for putting on a month long series of events. So good to see kids outside, fishing, no electronics anywhere.

20230729_143805.jpg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Last fishing event for Cobb Parks this morning. So yesterday my boy and I go to the pond and he scopes it out. The usual looking for structure, cover, fish, etc. Based on his Intel he decides when the event starts at 9 AM he'll chuck out a line for catfish in deeper water, but head to a shallow area and fish for bass.

His plan worked as when the horn sounded lines in the water at 9 AM he landed his largest fish, a bass, real quick in that shallow area. He landed a couple more fish all smaller in the next 2 hours, but when the event ended at 11 AM that first bass he landed ended up his largest fish, and landed him first place. Everyone fishing for catfish were skunked - not a single cat was landed. Top 3 fish were all bass. Usually cats win. Good thing my boy did his recon mission yesterday, good Intel landed him top spot.

Thank you Cobb Parks and Rec for putting on a month long series of events. So good to see kids outside, fishing, no electronics anywhere.

View attachment 1243491
Good stuff ! Congrats to him and all the kids involved