Little Man Finally Found 1st Place UPd 29 Jul 2023

basshappy

BANNED
My boy has been fishing since he sported diapers crawling along the Hootch with me. This Spring he has started fishing in the kid fishing tournament events around the state. He placed 3rd, 4th, and 3rd but hadn't climbed atop the podium until today. 1st Place in his age group (11-15) heaviest fish (bass 1.22 lbs) and 1st Place heaviest total weight for 5 fish (5.2 lbs). He was SO excited to win! He landed 12 bass, lost 2 at the bank, and released 7 keeping 5 largest for weigh ins. He stalked the banks lapping the pond I think he said 12 times, making good casts and avoiding other lines set out (night crawlers, red wiggles, chicken livers) by other anglers, actively fishing for bass.

He had a good strategy and it paid off. He asked what would I do before the horn sounded to start the tournament and I asked him boy it's your tournament what will you do? He said active fishing walking the pond for bass. Yup. That'd be my plan. He was spot on. 10 bass landed between 830-10 AM.

Screenshot_20230429_165712_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Worley

Great job catching there good buddy! Congratulations on the first of many wins!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
That's awesome. Where was this? It's cool that there are events like this.

Jim Boyd

Great great stuff right there!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s the good stuff!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
This was in Thomaston. He has fished in Perry, Macon, Albany and Thomaston so far this Spring.
Don't leave out that Dad drove him from ATL to all those places, plus took him camp'n to near Bama in Feb. to kayak fish on unknown waters in sub freezing weather where he STILL caught fish "his way". Something tells me that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

basshappy

BANNED
Don't leave out that Dad drove him from ATL to all those places, plus took him camp'n to near Bama in Feb. to kayak fish on unknown waters in sub freezing weather where he STILL caught fish "his way". Something tells me that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Lol thanks, @Batjack . I love driving so being on the road is always fun. And yes that morning was COLD! 27°F our fingers froze to the paddles. Before we could even wet a line. LOL. But we landed some whites and that extreme cold made a memory for us.

20230504_114851.jpg

oldfella1962

Lol thanks, @Batjack . I love driving so being on the road is always fun. And yes that morning was COLD! 27°F our fingers froze to the paddles. Before we could even wet a line. LOL. But we landed some whites and that extreme cold made a memory for us.

View attachment 1225315
Man that water was probably cold as all get out too! Definitely life jacket boating weather.