Live Experiment

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Trying some scratch-made buttermilk catheads in the Dutch oven out in the driveway. They may turn out good, or horrible. I'll post up the results either way.

do-biscuits.jpg

do-biscuits-2.jpg

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I did that one time while camping. Bread turned out fine I just need more practice at Browning them just right. As talented as you are with your culinary skills I'm sure they will turn out perfect!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So far, so good, I think:

do-biscuits-3.jpg

I did that one time while camping. Bread turned out fine I just need more practice at Browning them just right. As talented as you are with your culinary skills I'm sure they will turn out perfect!
Brings back memories. I need to start me a sour dough batch and try it myself.
(y)

I've been trying to learn the Dutch oven cooking, and am enjoying it. Trying to figure out the details. I guess the only way to learn is by trial and error.

Now, I'll have to see how they taste.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Please enlighten me on what kind of foil or membrane that is that you have under the biscuits?

naildrvr

I've done store bought biscuits many times in my D.O. With a little practice you'll have it perfected. D.O. cooking is really easy and fun, and delicious.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've done store bought biscuits many times in my D.O. With a little practice you'll have it perfected. D.O. cooking is really easy and fun, and delicious.
Yeah, I've cooked a lot of the canned wampum biscuits in it while camping, but this is the first time I've tried real biscuits. I've ccoked a bunch of stuff in it lately, been enjoying it. The chickens I cooked in it last weekend were really good.

The biscuits turned out great, actually. Browned just right, light and fluffy and good flavor. I was hoping I didn't have to post a Picture Of Shame. :D

Went just right with some hot sausage and jalapeno eggs that YHFP cooked up while I was making the biscuits:

do-biscuits-4.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Please enlighten me on what kind of foil or membrane that is that you have under the biscuits?
It's called Martha Wrap from Martha Stewart. :oops:

It's foil on one side and parchment paper on the other side. I use it for all kinds of stuff.

Stang

It's called Martha Wrap from Martha Stewart. :oops:

It's foil on one side and parchment paper on the other side. I use it for all kinds of stuff.

I cook lot with the dutch oven while camping. Will have to try this ..have tried the Lodge dutch oven liners with success. The biscuits look great!

chobrown

Yea that dawg will hunt right there

Dub

Those things look crazy good !!!

Cool technique to get 'em cooked.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I'd call that experiment a success!

Dub

Yeah, I've cooked a lot of the canned wampum biscuits in it while camping, but this is the first time I've tried real biscuits. I've ccoked a bunch of stuff in it lately, been enjoying it. The chickens I cooked in it last weekend were really good.

The biscuits turned out great, actually. Browned just right, light and fluffy and good flavor. I was hoping I didn't have to post a Picture Of Shame. :D

Went just right with some hot sausage and jalapeno eggs that YHFP cooked up while I was making the biscuits:

View attachment 938098

I’m giving up on getting anymore sleep today.

These biscuits and eggs are haunting me. I got get some coffee brewed and round up some type of breakfast.

I chew through a chain link fence to get at that plate.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Martha will shank yo butt if you dis her. With a crochet needle. :rofl: