Longmire made me do it

snuffy

John

I am with you. Have had two Glocks and gave both away. One to an ex girlfriend and the other to my son.

Get her to take a close look at the Sig P365. My son and I both carry them and they have been great.

Great sights, good trigger, holds 13 or 11 rounds ( we both carry the 12 round mags.)
Both have ben 100% reliable.
I am like Dub, I like it both ways!!

That's one of the main reasons I like a 1911, you can customize it to fit you!!

I am in the market for a new pistola for my wife, she is going to take a class at Zirkops in Hixson, TN. Designed just for women and matching the shooter to the best handgun for them. Right now she is leaning towards a Glock 48, but to this old timer they just don't have the feel of steel.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We watch Longmire and really hated to see it go. But the books are indeed better than the TV series. Craig Johnson really nailed it with his characters.

Snuffy, I like those new grips.
The only thing I didn't like about the tv version was casting Lou Diamond Phillips as Henry. He just didn't fit the character at all.

LittleDrummerBoy

We don't have the needed subscription, but I binged on it for a couple weeks at my brother's fish camp in Louisiana. Good stuff.

As for the grips, looking good.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Loved the Longmire series, great shows, (except of course somebody has to die each time). Fired Netflix when they went off the societal deep end and raised prices. Ended up buying the entire Longmire series on DVD, so I guess they still got some of my money after all.

Nice looking grips either way, the skelentonized trigger caught my eye, but I think my favorite part of that 1911 is the slight wear patterns here/there that indicate regular carry and use. That...makes it look fantastic.:flag:

Dub

The only thing I didn't like about the tv version was casting Lou Diamond Phillips as Henry. He just didn't fit the character at all.

I didn’t read the books and it sounds like I may need to pick them up.

Who would be a good actor for the role of Henry ?

Dub

I am like Dub, I like it both ways!!

That's one of the main reasons I like a 1911, you can customize it to fit you!!

I am in the market for a new pistola for my wife, she is going to take a class at Zirkops in Hixson, TN. Designed just for women and matching the shooter to the best handgun for them. Right now she is leaning towards a Glock 48, but to this old timer they just don't have the feel of steel.

I have great respect for the 1911.

Like you said there is a heap of versatility to make it just like you want.

Those bone grips are mighty sharp.

Lately I’ve been seeing folks grip their safe queens with mastodon tusk grips. I kid you not. :rofl: :rofl:

Whatever makes a person happy, I suppose.

I like guns with character....hard to top blue & bone on a 1911, in my opinion.

As far as a gun for your gal....I’ve been listening to advice like his above and looking into those Sig P365 & P365XL models. I’m growing fond of them.

Darkhorse

I didn’t read the books and it sounds like I may need to pick them up.

Who would be a good actor for the role of Henry ?

I can't think of a real actor with the charisma of Henry. They sure missed it with LDP and the scripts.
Longmire calls Henry "The entire cheyenne nation". Because he is so big, fast and powerful. He was in special ops, operating behind the lines in the books. Longmire says he is the reason to be afraid of the dark.

Dub

I can't think of a real actor with the charisma of Henry. They sure missed it with LDP and the scripts.
Longmire calls Henry "The entire cheyenne nation". Because he is so big, fast and powerful. He was in special ops, operating behind the lines in the books. Longmire says he is the reason to be afraid of the dark.

Okay....I better understand, now. Thanks.

Yup, LDP, while an actor I enjoy...doesn't sound like the right dude.

The actor who plays "Alvarez" from Sons of Anarchy & Mayans seems like a better fit personality wise...just not the same physical stature as the Henry character you describe.

snuffy

I thought I was the only one to watch SOA.
I have them all recorded also.

Never could get into the Mayans series though.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I thought I was the only one to watch SOA.
I have them all recorded also.

Never could get into the Mayans series though.

I got hooked on Sons after the second episode. Gritty and violent, but well made show. I picked it up after running through Justified.

Sons really surprised me....had a mighty wide fan base.

I'll stay current on Mayans, but agree completely with you...it's just not as good.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I have great respect for the 1911.

Like you said there is a heap of versatility to make it just like you want.

Those bone grips are mighty sharp.

Lately I’ve been seeing folks grip their safe queens with mastodon tusk grips. I kid you not. :rofl: :rofl:

Whatever makes a person happy, I suppose.

I like guns with character....hard to top blue & bone on a 1911, in my opinion.

As far as a gun for your gal....I’ve been listening to advice like his above and looking into those Sig P365 & P365XL models. I’m growing fond of them.

That's why we are taking her to Zirkops, their class will match her to the weapon.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
That's why we are taking her to Zirkops, their class will match her to the weapon.
Since we are on a 1911 theme, and assuming everday carry, have them try her out on one of these in .380 or 9MM. (Springfield Armory 911).
PG9119H_R.jpg
PG9109F_R.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A younger Graham Green could probably have pulled it off. Wes Studi would fit some parts, but he doesn't have a dry sense of humor.

sbroadwell

Those are pretty grips. My new ones aren't so pretty, but, man are the effective. I bought a Remington R1 about a year ago (got it essentially free with hotel points. BPS was the only gift cards I could get, and the only 1911 they had was the R1. So, I used $600 worth of gift cards, they gun was $589, so with tax, I ended up about $15 out of pocket.
It came with nice looking wood grips, but the front strap was not checkered, so I ordered some Pachmyer grips from Midway. Did not intend to get the grips with the finger grooves, but either I ordered wrong, or they sent me the wrong ones. I put them one, and they REALLY do make my shooting a lot better. Glad I got the wrong ones!

Attachments

• 1911.jpg
    1911.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 7

Dub

Those are pretty grips. My new ones aren't so pretty, but, man are the effective. I bought a Remington R1 about a year ago (got it essentially free with hotel points. BPS was the only gift cards I could get, and the only 1911 they had was the R1. So, I used $600 worth of gift cards, they gun was $589, so with tax, I ended up about $15 out of pocket.
It came with nice looking wood grips, but the front strap was not checkered, so I ordered some Pachmyer grips from Midway. Did not intend to get the grips with the finger grooves, but either I ordered wrong, or they sent me the wrong ones. I put them one, and they REALLY do make my shooting a lot better. Glad I got the wrong ones!

You can't beat a brand new 'Merican-made 1911 for $15.

sbroadwell

You can't beat a brand new 'Merican-made 1911 for $15.
I’ve got a bit more than that in hotel points again. Thinking about getting Cabelas cards this time and getting some reloading equipment.
I am starting to go through a lot of ammo. Being able to shoot in your card is nice.
And I’ve heard so much bad about Remington lately that I was a bit hesitant to get it. But it had been flawless. On of the supplied mags had some issues but I got some Wilson’s and no problems at all. Probably have about 1500 rounds though it.

godogs57

Nice looking grips Snuffy. LOVE Longmire! Watch season 2, episode one, I believe. An Unquiet Mind. That’s where I elk hunt. The ranch I hunt was the location for filming. My guide/buddy took the crew all over the ranch searching for filming locations. The scenes where Walt is tromping through the snow, seeing apparitions, is exactly where I killed a nice 6x6. About 12K in elevation. The restaurant in the opening scene is where we’ve eaten a hundred times. The owner told me Vic (Katee Sackhoff) is an absolute cutie in real life.