Looking for a 2024 club membership within 2.5 hrs of Cartersville, GA

ufg8r93

Hi there. I'm looking for a year-round hunting club within 2.5 hrs of Cartersville.

Ideally:
The club would have over 1,000 acres and fewer than 1 member per 100 acres;
It would be a QDMA/trophy club. I only want to shoot mature bucks and does. The last buck I shot in GA was in 2011 and was 6.5 yrs old;
I love a cigar and a drink after the evening hunt, but I don't want a "drinking club with a hunting problem;"
Would be great to have a club with lodging available, or at least lodging options nearby - doesn't have to be fancy; and
I'm not interested in a club with drama - I'm a no-drama kind of guy.

I don't mind paying up for the ideal club. I'm very fortunate that my sons are grown and I'm done paying for college, so I have a better budget than I once did!

I've hunted all over Georgia. Was a member of a trophy club in SC for a year - love that club but it's just too far. Was a member of a club in Meriwether for several years until the club president died and the club fell apart. Really enjoyed that club. Would consider clubs in Alabama as well.

Spent the last two years chasing roe deer, fallow deer, and muntjac all over the Cotswolds in the UK. Job had me in London, but we moved back to GA in 2023. Was a fun departure from hunting whitetails, but whitetails will always be my favorite.

So, any ideas for me?

Last edited: