Looking for fishing buddy

Andi

Hi guys,

I spend a couple of months a year in Blairsville / Murphy area (I am going there for the whole month of June). I am a trout fisherman (but not only trout), mostly spinners and blade lures, and I've explored in the last 3 summers Vogel State park, Nottely river and Nottely lake bank fishing , Hiwassee dam, Toccoa around Deep Hole recreation (upstream and downstream of it), Unicoi Smith Creek. I caught trout (a 3 lb rainbow on Smith Creek ), bass, catfish, redhorse suckers, and perch.
I am 44, I work at University of South Florida, and an experienced and autonomous fisherman. I would explore more wild and remote areas, but I'm not fully comfortable doing that completely by myself. I would also go on a boat with someone and share gas, ice, and beer. I don't truly care what I fish for, as long as there's a good time and good bites.
I can also drive 1 -2 hrs from Blairsville.
Let me know if there's anyone in the area interested in partnering up and exploring different areas.

Thanks!
Trout.jpg

Lukikus2

Hope someone chimes in. If I were in the area it would be game on. There are a lot of hazards out there and it is a good idea to buddy up.

Andi

Hope someone chimes in. If I were in the area it would be game on. There are a lot of hazards out there and it is a good idea to buddy up.
Hope so too, thanks for the reply :)
Also - should I be concerned about black bears? I carry a bear spray and an air horn, but I'm originally from Europe and we didn't have bears on my fishing streams :)

Lukikus2

Not sure about those streams. Always waded Tennessee streams. Plenty of bears there also but never really worried about them. The proverbial broken ankle, leg, broken tail bone, fall from a cliff and yellow jackets worried me more. So you're in South Florida?

Andi

Not sure about those streams. Always waded Tennessee streams. Plenty of bears there also but never really worried about them. The proverbial broken ankle, leg, broken tail bone, fall from a cliff and yellow jackets worried me more. So you're in South Florida?
Yes, Tampa. I have a friend who bought a vacation house in Blairsville, and I like to be a handyman, so I went there with him to upgrade the whole thing. Flooring, electrics, plumbing, until the guy said that I can consider that my vacation house.
So I've been going there for the past 3 years. I never connected very well with the environment in Florida. I was born in the mountains of Romania, so trout is and cold clean water are in my blood. I tried and enjoyed some saltwater fishing, but I don't get the same peace and high as when I catch a trout or see a mountain sunset...