Lovin this hunting with an AR15!

Fenderbuilt27

I hunted for a few years with an AR15 and I've really enjoyed it. The rifle I've been hunting with was a heavy match barreled RRA ATH Carbine. This year I built me an ARP Scout barreled 6.8 SPC. It's a lot lighter and easier to carry around and that .277 caliber should be the real deal on any whitetail I decide to take with it. Just sending a shout out to all the other Black Rifle hunters out there.

swamp hunter

Count me in...
6.8 AR Preformance Hunter rifle:D

Attachments

• MK-II 6.8 Rem. AR Preformance.jpg
    MK-II 6.8 Rem. AR Preformance.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,683

swamp hunter

Oh Contrair..
My is one of the lightest Rifles I own. Just don't pack it full of hang ons. My Pard has one that's way to heavy for me and I don't like a heavy firearm either.
Mine swings like a Red Ryder from the stand..:cheers:

DYI hunting

I started hunting with Ar-15's around 14 years ago. I don't hunt with anything else now. I've used 5.56, 6.8 SPC, and 300 blackout in everything from 8.5" to 18" barreled AR-15's. Right now I'm hunting with a 8.5" 300 blackout and 14.5" 6.8 SPC. I've used red dots, high power scopes, low power scopes and iron sights.

Bunch of years ago.

Few years ago

DYI hunting

Is that a butt stock on your "pistol"? If so, you got yourself an illegal weapon.

Thats a Sig pistol stabilizing brace, so he's legal. It's soft rubber like and designed to strap to your forarm. It's not bad but nothing like a real stock.

I personally prefer registered SBR over a pistol. That way I can use an actual stock and vertical grip...my 8.5" 300 blackout with a Specwar 7.62 suppressor.

DYI hunting

DYI hunting...that setup is SAWEET! What's the process like for an sbr is it the same class III process?

Thanks. This is the 4th reincarnationof my SBR. It's been a 5.56, 6.8 and now my 300 blackout short range hunting rig.

SBR (short barrel rifle) falls under class 3 weapons or the NFA. Fill out an ATF form 1 to build one or a Form 4 to buy one from a dealer or individual. Send with $200, copy of trust, and wait 1 to 6 months for your stamp. You can do the individual route too but mine are both under my firearms trust. The silencer is a seperate application and another $200.

I purchased my SBR from bookhound years ago. It was a factory built Sabre Defense SBR. It took 3 1/2 months to transfer back then and approved forms were mailed. My silencer was a 5 month wait earlier this year and forms are now emailed.

Fenderbuilt27

Mine is the lightest rifle I have. Much lighter than my bolt guns. It's like a Marlin 336 only flatter shooting and quicker follow up shots.

tmann1990

Thats a Sig pistol stabilizing brace, so he's legal. It's soft rubber like and designed to strap to your forarm. It's not bad but nothing like a real stock.

I personally prefer registered SBR over a pistol. That way I can use an actual stock and vertical grip...my 8.5" 300 blackout with a Specwar 7.62 suppressor.

My SBR is still in NFA jail so the sig brace is a stand in. Fort benning doesn't let us use suppressors though. I could have killed so many more pigs if they would change that rule.

tmann1990

fresh pork in the field, and then on-guard to protect those tacos

what's a pistol build like that go for?
I pieced it together out of my spare parts bin. Only thing I had to actually order was the barrel and optic. If I had to guess I'd say there's about $700 worth of random parts in it. Complete mutt of a rifle

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here is my freezer filler.

gt40

Attachments

• WARNE ULTRA LIGHT QD RINGS .JPG
    WARNE ULTRA LIGHT QD RINGS .JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 1,643
  • stick with y .jpg
    stick with y .jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 1,271
Last edited: