Maiden Keaton trip.....

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Nice. looks like they finally moved that big boat. How was that side canal? Never used it.
Solid 4 feet deep at low tide.
Nice walking out and getting on the boat.

doomtrpr_z71

Good luck, I was heading to Keaton this weekend but it was cheaper to stay in steinhatchee than Perry, so the hatch it is.

notnksnemor

Started out 3 to 4 feet. Lot of shorts.
Moved 6 + and did a little better.
Ended up with a trout and a sea bass.

notnksnemor

Figured you would have a box full of fish while the rest of us are working.
Lots short fish in shallower water. By the time I figured out the right depth, the wind picked up. We probably caught 50 to 60 trout. Just all short except 1.

Screenshot_20230502-151858_Gallery.jpg

Somebody in another thread didn't know what a bluefish was. Here's one.
Screenshot_20230502-151932_Gallery.jpg

buckpasser

Keaton has never been my friend. Always had my tail kicked out there! Around the bend to the north is where I have had much better luck. I hope you can unlock it down there!

Redbow

You didn't keep the Bluefish? Man that's some good eating if you fillet it and remove the skin. Then immediately batter and fry it, mmmm, mmmm, good.

notnksnemor

You didn't keep the Bluefish? Man that's some good eating if you fillet it and remove the skin. Then immediately batter and fry it, mmmm, mmmm, good.
Too bloody for the wife. I eat them if you soak the blood out.
A couple of hours in 7up works good

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Buddy eats em....but he also claims to have a knock out recipe for snot cats. Hard pass!
Grew up with a "If you catch it / kill it you eat it" Dad. Figured out early on that a sail cat ain't nothing but a salt water channel and a hard head was a salt water bullhead. IF one can fight the slime enough to clean one they eat just as good as their fresh water cousins.

Latest posts