Making a Quiver

Just BB

Anyone with an idea of the best adhesive to bond leather to bamboo? I'm making a back quiver out of bamboo. Attaching skins to it or to a leather piece wrapped around it first. Friend of mine thought simple Wood Glue would work well as any. What do you think.

Glenn

If you get that good Titebond glue it might work but I would go with something like the Gorilla brand glue or maybe Duco Cement.

I made my leather back quiver without using any glue and everything is held together with raw hide strips. Maybe you could lace the leather in with the Bamboo?

Just BB

I will lace the leather wrap around the bamboo but I have fur and a Yot face skin I'm putting on it, Those items will be what I'm using the glue on.

Al33

A simple glue gun has worked well for me as well as GOOP glue. If you can find the Marine Goop buy it, if not, the regular Household Goop works also. I love GOOP.:D

FVR

I use contact cement for everything; handle wraps, side plates, rests, knife sheaths, quivers, you can't beat it if you use it right.

When dry it's flexible and waterproof.

Frank

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
A simple glue gun has worked well for me as well as GOOP glue. If you can find the Marine Goop buy it, if not, the regular Household Goop works also. I love GOOP.:D

Never tried to glue leather to bamboo, Goop sounds like the best idea to me. Has the bamboo dried out already?