Mathews 2016 Halon! Leaked

rjcruiser

Me too, I ain't paying that much for a bow with a 5" brace,

I'm not a Mathews fan by any means...but...it seems like just a few years ago...we would all scoff at 6" brace heights going into the woods. Now...anything above 7 seems huge and 6 seems standard.

I think technology is getting better and better to allow the same forgiveness at lower brace heights.

goshenmountainman

I saw both bows at Reeves Archery Center in Clayton yesterday, they are both really nice looking bows. The no cam is a little shorter that last year,"only change I could tell". I shot the halon 6, 28 inch draw with a carbon express 350 red arrow 70 lb. It shot 298 fps once and 296 fps twice, the bow draws and shoots very smooth but a little slow for an IBO in the 340's. With a hunting weight arrow of about 400 grains it was in the 288 fps range. If you want to shoot it they have the halon 6 and the no cam in stock and they will let you try the bow. Great bow but I was wishing for a little more speed.

Kris87

If you're going to make a bow with a 6" brace height, then it should be capable of shooting in the 350 IBO range. There are several bows in that category that can do it and are very good shooters.

healee

I shot the 6 at Bow Hunters Supply and it feel good and smooth, but I bought a Hoyt Defiant, it felt just as good if not better and was $200 less.

Hamer174

Shot the demo at Lamar's, smoothest and quietest bow I have ever shot.I still have an older dream season though.I put one on order.

I'm considering ordering one today, but my shop is saying February on getting it in. How long did they say on yours??

Hamer174

Well I ordered mine last night. Saying February on getting it in though. Looks like I'll have a nice Elite Energy 32 for sale after this season.