McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2012

Reel Big-uns

:mad:McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2012 should be put on the Virus Infection’s list.

Looking for a cheaper antivirus, Bought it at Wally World, $32.10, came home, uninstalled all the AVG antivirus, tried install McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2012 and realized I just bought the antivirus from, wHell you know where I’m talking about.:cry:

Nothing but computer freezes,:banginghe lock ups,:banginghe blank screens,:banginghe:banginghe would not allow internet connection for activation,:banginghe would not let running programs close without using task manager.:banginghe

Took it back to Wally any they informed me they could only replace it with an identical idem.:rolleyes:

With all the information of what they should do with this crappy piece of junk they are selling,:hammers::whip: I took the exchange and tried it. Even more demons manifested themselves.:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

When back and bought the Kaspersky Inter Net Security 2012 Premium Protection, $53.00 + tax.::;

Installed like a smooth, seamless, easy song. Biggest problem was having to run two consecutive software updates to get it current.:banana:

Couldn’t have been any simpler.:cool:

Now all that is left is dealing with McAfee to get refunded.:hammers::hammers::hammers:

Last edited:

NOYDB

BANNED
I'm not trying to make you feel bad. But don't buy software from Wallyworld (or ink carts).

Less than $20 online.

Reel Big-uns

I'm not trying to make you feel bad. But don't buy software from Wallyworld (or ink carts).

Less than $20 online.
No bad feeling taken.:cheers:
I always welcome any helpfull infomation:cool:, thanks.

Are you talking about getting it from a download or by getting it shipped through the snail system on a cd?

I've always been a little wary of buying a download version in the event something go amiss. But, I guess buying one, on a cd, in a retail store that is garbage isn't any better.:huh:

Last edited:

NOYDB

BANNED
Several online sites plus several ebay sellers with good feedback selling legal versions.

This is how I try to save money. I search for the item on Google shopping. I look at several descriptions to see if there are other terms I can search on. I've found that sometimes the very same thing called by a different name can be significantly less expensive. I search ebay. That gives me an idea what the real market price is. Then I know if the local store is competitive. Before I waste gas I look at the stores web site and see if they show in stock or any additional info. I call the store I think I need to go to and have them verify that they have it and at what price. I compare roughly the difference between shipping and time+gas vs when I actually need the item.

Buying online often can save 50% or more and can really save time.

georgia_home

Goto cnet, which has a branch, downloads.com

Good free items there, including antivirus. Check the FREE Version of ... AVG .

Lots of other cool, free utilities.

Professionally, my old company used mcaffee, it worked ok, but was a real pig from the performance aspect. Private versions have the yearly renewal costs.

Also, 2 other utilities I like are zone alarm and cookie cop.

They have free versions. Don't know if cc runs on W7, as I use mostly xp, Linux, ipXd.

Hope this helps ya!

Redbow

I like AVG, it works for me...

cowhornedspike

If you get NOD32 from ESET you will wonder why companies like McAfee and Norton even stay in the antivirus business. Absolutely no comparison.