Memorial Day...Remember

grunt0331

As the long weekend approaches and you spend some extra time with your families and hopefully away from work, remember those that gave the utlimate sacrifice and the real reason why we have Memorial Day. This day is about more than grilling, hitting the lake, and drinking beer. This holiday, above all others, should be a time for remembering our fallen and honoring their memories.

Fair winds and following seas.....
2ndLt James Cathey
Sgt. Christopher Hrbek
Cpl. Darrel Morris

Remember those that took a journey from which they never returned.
Remember those whose last look at a loved one was through a bus or train window or a ship's railing.
Remember those that willingly laid their lives on the line so that you would not have to.
Remember those whose last moments of life were filled with thoughts of home and a loved one so far away.
Remember those who left behind children they never got to see.
Remember those that died so young, yet so heroically.
Remember those that fought bravely and valiantly for the ideals that made this country.
Remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice and honor them.

Last edited:

Jasper

As the long weekend approaches and you spend some extra time with your families and hopefully away from work, remeber those that gav ethe utlimate sacrifice and the real reason why we have Memorial Day. This day is about more than grilling, hitting the lake, and drinking beer. This holiday, above all others, should be a time for remembering our fallen and honoring their memories.

Fair winds and following seas.....
2ndLt James Cathey
Sgt. Christopher Hrbek
Cpl. Darrel Morris

Remember those that took a journey from which they never returned.
Remember those whose last look at a loved one was through a bus or train window or a ship's railing.
Remember those that willingly laid their lives on the line so that you would not have to.
Remember those whose last moments of life were filled with thoughts of home and a loved one so far away.
Remember those who left behind children they never got to see.
Remember those that died so young, yet so heroically.
Remember those that fought bravely and valiantly for the ideals that made this country.
Remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice and honor them.

grunt,

Awesome post that brings tears to my eyes. My Dad was in the Air Force and I'm retired Air Force........Memorial Day is special to my family and you've hit the nail on the head with your post. Have a blessed Holiday weekend........:flag:

swamp hunter

Well Said Grunt.

I,ll be Repairing a Home for a 91 Year old WW 2 Vet.
His Wife has passed , He,s alone , and his House is falling apart.
Myself and about 25 other Folks will be spending the Day cleaning His overgrown Yard up , and I,ll be Repairing His Home .
Passing it foward.

westcobbdog

Well Said Grunt.

Myself and about 25 other Folks will be spending the Day cleaning His overgrown Yard up , and I,ll be Repairing His Home .
Passing it foward.

Good job sir, if it were around Atl. I would offer to help,too.

I will do my best to honor all our past and pesent Military, including my Dad who is deceased who was a Marine. Also his Dad who had a bad leg from flipping a model T in front of Mr Asa Candler's home, who ended up being in the Ga State Guard, and gaurded among other things the Atl water works with a shotgun alone in the dark with a jerry behind every bush!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:cheers: :flag: :flag: :flag:

boneboy96

Let us not forget! :flag:

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Well Said Grunt.

Passing it foward.

:cool::cool: you and your help are good folks!! the church I attend takes the week of spring break every year and gives bake to the one in need. :flag:

hipster dufus

i will be working all weekend. i told a lady to have a nice weekend and remember what the holiday was about, she looked at me dumbfounded. i reminded her that it was Memorial Day. all gave some, some gave all.RLTW

Sweetwater

v3025893409.jpg