Memorial Day Weekend cooks

BanditOne

One of my favorite weekends to celebrate and cook. What’s on the table for this weekend?
I’ll start. Smoking some Turkey Breasts, homemade Mac and cheese, deviled eggs, Blueberry Muffins and local fresh Watermelon. Also, a nice cold beer as the smoker runs. Not any of that beer that starts with a B if you know what I mean!

Last edited:

flatwoods

Well, normally I'd be in the pool but dadgum it's been cool this year!
Might as well cook. Got a butt and some ribs going. Potato salad is made. Baked beans and a cake coming.
Too much for me but I will take dad a plate and freeze some. Probably take the folks at work some cake. I just enjoy cooking

georgia_home

Boil starting in about an hour or so. An old friend, 30+ years, coming over to share the meal.

pics later

GA1dad

Got three butts going for a graduation celebration tomorrow. Also going to grill 30# of chicken tomorrow morning,,,, baked beans, mac-n-cheese, slaw. Just can't talk myself into throwing this old drum cooker away. Covered all the rust holes with aluminum foil and let the big dog hunt. Trying a rub from Wally World called "Hot for Peacher".

20230528_174733.jpg

georgia_home

Sorry, only leftover pics . Boil was good!

my long time buddy/friend, backup grandparent for my son brought 6 tails over. Knowing I’d rather eat shrimp instead, two each for mrs son and him! He’s a suck up! To my wife and son, But we love him! And the pocket beagle too

good stuff.

bonus this week: boil deuce soup. reserved liquid, Portabella mushrooms, shallot, green onion, some light udon/ramen, shrimp probably on Tuesday . Gon be goodIMG_1580.jpeg

Last edited:

JDBrown

We had burgers and dogs last night, gonna throw some pork chops on the pit later, might pick up some roasting ears today. Gonna have tater salad, beans. Watermelon and peach cobbler and who knows what else. Everybody enjoy yourselves today, just take a few minutes to remember the ones who made it possible. 20220530_091526.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fantastic Eats!!!