Miller and Early Co hogs.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here's just a few of over 200 our club has taken out in two years or so. There's no end to em, multiplying like rabbits.

Attachments

• BigBar.jpg
    BigBar.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Dec2018.jpg
    Dec2018.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 73
  • Jace.jpg
    Jace.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 73
  • piggys.jpg
    piggys.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Gilt Dec 26.jpg
    Gilt Dec 26.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Giltssept17.jpg
    Giltssept17.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 72

sleepr71

Good job. It’s a 24/7/365 job keeping those aggravating jokers in check! 200..in 2 years..wow. How many acres are we talking about ?

Boondocks

I am in Early and have no hogs.I guess it is what you do year round that brings hogs.May want to rethink your feeding program.Deer are wild animals and will survive without Corn.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I am in Early and have no hogs.I guess it is what you do year round that brings hogs.May want to rethink your feeding program.Deer are wild animals and will survive without Corn.
That’s crazy talk right there. ?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Son needs to invite more guests.
200 in two years means 2000 came through or more.

sleepr71

Boondocks...it may be just what you said...or it may be neighbors putting Corn out. Or,they may be on a big swamp that holds a lot of hogs. I have neighbors now that have Corn feeders year round. Guess what else I have now (year round) that used to be a once a year problem..Hogs ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Kmac...one hog can do several hundred dollars of damage per year. I think that it’s been proven (in Ag areas) that each hog destroys about $400/year...so that Ammo is a bargain...relatively?
They just tore up one my field. No corn here. They are getting the nut grass. I had just got rid of them. They get fed good around us by others. I sat a little after dark tonite. Couldn’t stay long. we do have swamps.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Son I think has ag fields around him. His area is low also.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nice hogs ! And some areas will have them if you feed them or not ! Hogs =Sausage in my eyes , but I’m not a farmer. And I do shoot most of the ones I see

Boondocks

I know Son is in a swampy low area with ag fields around him.Still something has to draw them hogs and keep them there.That would be food.

stonecreek

I kind of view it as a lose/win situation. Here on the farm they can and will cause a certain amount of destruction but on the other hand it gives me something to hunt 12 months out of the year. You can challenge your shooting skills on the larger fields or use a couple dogs to run them or practice your stalking techniques to see how close you can get to one. And also for those that bow hunt it puts a bow in your hand during off season. Shooting an arrow thru a pig is better practice than popping targets. BTW nice hogs in above thread.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am in a swampy area, with a huge swamp to the west and north of us. Cattle operation north and south feeding cattle. Believe hogs have gotten worse since the cattle operation moved in from Florida. Hogs will get what cows don't digest, and spilled feed. Before the cattle operation, we would kill a few, and/or see where a sounder had moved through. Hogs travel a lot, we believe it's different groups from time to time. Farm crops are suffering the most. With hogs rolling corn down like steam rollers. Local farms allow folks with permission to shoot hogs at night. I don't have the authority to give permission for non members to come on the property without a member. I have let those who run hog dogs know, they can come in and retrieve their dogs after notifying me by phone. They've been good about doing that. Still, with all the dogging, trapping and shooting. More hogs show up weekly. Camera's show many different groups as can be told by hogs with special markings. It's a real problem folks and I'm not running out of pork any time soon. Using a .22 as much as possible, saving the big bullets for deer hunting. I've learned a couple things about trapping. Spray the corn with a little diesel fuel, poor a bottle of cheap syrup on it, and the coons wont eat your bait. Hogs love it though.

Attachments

• anicesow.jpg
    anicesow.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 22

sleepr71

Sounds like you guys could stand to trap more on the perimeters near that Cattle Operation & Ag fields. By the sound of it...A mobile,Cellular,trap would also be a good investment for that landowner ?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sounds like you guys could stand to trap more on the perimeters near that Cattle Operation & Ag fields. By the sound of it...A mobile,Cellular,trap would also be a good investment for that landowner ?
The cattle operation also has traps set. Appears everybody in these parts are after the hogs. Hogs seem to be winning.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good job. It’s a 24/7/365 job keeping those aggravating jokers in check! 200..in 2 years..wow. How many acres are we talking about ?
About 1200 acres

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
About 1200 acres
It’s got to be you Son ! Feeding hundreds of hogs. Y’all must spent thousands of dollars feeding them.

serious tho. Just think about what they eat when n a day if there’s just 50ty of them. It would take 20 pds of corn easy. That would be a 1000 pds a day time 30 days. That 30,000 pounds. Corn at say 6 per hundred pounds to the average hunter. Just say 1800 per month. That’s a big bill at the end of the year. I have swamps too. They run for miles and miles.

Reactions: Son