Minkota Endura 42# thrust transom mount TM

Well fishing today, using identical endura 42 LB thrust trans amount trolling motors they worked going out to a location on a reservoir here in Georgia. However coming back one of them stopped working. When I arrived home I checked the voltage of all three batteries. Each battery registered above 12.86. Volts for each battery... All a series 29 deep cycle trolling motor battery. I check to make sure the wiring was properly secured to the positive negative posts and I do not have a circuit breaker in line. Hawaiians good and I unplugged and plugged back in the quick connect that comes with it. No forward or reverse speeds on the trolling motor. What should I check next?
Thank you.

BoosterC

The Endura is a 40Lb thrust 12V motor. Let's cover some basics: You say you have 3 batteries. I take it you have the three batteries are wired in parallel and you had both motors connected to the same Neg and connected to the same ***. Is this correct?

Connect the good motor to a single battery, It works 5 forward and 2 reverse sppeds. Replace good motor with the bad motor on the same battery. Go through each of the 7 speeds. If nothing works.. take it back to where you bought it and exchange it under warranty.

Last edited:
The Endura is a 40Lb thrust 12V motor. Let's cover some basics: You say you have 3 batteries. I take it you have the three batteries are wired in parallel and you had both motors connected to the same Neg and connected to the same ***. Is this correct?

Connect the good motor to a single battery, It works 5 forward and 2 reverse sppeds. Replace good motor with the bad motor on the same battery. Go through each of the 7 speeds. If nothing works.. take it back to where you bought it and exchange it under warranty.
Well I did that very thing by connecting it to one of my three batteries and it didn't work. Unfortunately I did not get the two or three year Walmart extended warranty so I ordered a new switch for it on eBay and installing it as soon as it gets here.
Thanks for the instructions.
William P.