mock scrape buck

Killdee

Heres an 8pt in on of my fake scraps,There was also a doe,a dog and several smaller bucks on this roll.
Killdee

Attachments

• mock scrap buckresize.jpg
    mock scrap buckresize.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 480

gtaff

Banned
Nice Buck. I am thinking about doing a mock scrape this year. Just for research purposes I would like to hunt that mock scape. ::huh:
Seriously do you have any suggestions on making a scrape?

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
That's real proof

that it works kd :) , nice looking pic :clap:

leo

Killdee

I just found likely spots on old road beds and the edges of my food plots,used a limb and started scraping.I put all of them under a likely licking branch and used a reciept off another site for scrape juice and freshened them up.I put out about 14 on 2 tracs that I hunt and have had 4-5 of them worked.I have also noticed alot of new scrapes in some of the areas,some along side my scrapes.Here is another pic.

Attachments

• fake scrape boom fld resizeed.jpg
    fake scrape boom fld resizeed.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 445

gtaff

Banned
Man you have some nice deer out there. Where do you hunt? I bought one of those drippers this year and gonna put it out soon. I am not evening seeing any rubs around my house.

Jody Hawk

Nice buck Killdee. As I have said before I have also had success with mock scrapes. In fact, I watched a longhorn spike work a mock scrape that I had made on opening weekend of gun season this year. I have actually watched three different bucks check a mock scrape that I had made. I have never had one actually paw the ground but all three smelled the scrape and licked the branch and thrashed the branch with his head. I really get a kick out of knowing that I tricked him !!!!!!!!

Junebug

Now THAT, is neat!!

I've tried mock scrapes before (with some success), but the combination of the game camera to see what visits is really a neat idea. Thanks for sharing!

Junebug

Handgunner

Nice bucks, Tony! Looks like that second one is out well after daylight! :D

Killdee

Here is another small 8 beside a scrape that was made after I put in a fake one the week before.The scrape is on the left and my lock on ladder is on the tree to the right.
killdee

Attachments

• fake scrape by the still trail fld2.jpg
    fake scrape by the still trail fld2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 328

Latest posts