Mossburg SA-20 review

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Anyone have the skinny on one of these? Looking for an auto-loader turkey gun. No one in Columbus has anything available.
Thanks

65FC5F34-228E-480A-8AE4-132FFEE6D160.png

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Todd I started to get one of those but ended up with the Mossberg pump. Should be a sweet Lil gun. Seems like I seen them at academy a while back.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Todd I started to get one of those but ended up with the Mossberg pump. Should be a sweet Lil gun. Seems like I seen them at academy a while back.

They had zero 20’s Friday. Barrows claimed to have nothing as well as shooters and Northside pawn. Only one I found was at Alans armory and it was a brand I’d never heard of and it wasn’t drilled and tapped for a rail.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
They had zero 20’s Friday. Barrows claimed to have nothing as well as shooters and Northside pawn. Only one I found was at Alans armory and it was a brand I’d never heard of and it wasn’t drilled and tapped for a rail.
Barrows will get more in stock quicker than those others. Give a salesman your info and they will call ya and let you know when more will be in stock.

stringmusic

Take a look at the Tristar viper 20 too. I just bought my son the camo youth version. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but it is a sweet lil gun and the reviews I’ve heard from people that own thence have been great.

Youth model 20’s are almost impossible to come by right now, my dad found the one I just bought in Louisiana on a duck hunting trip a couple of weeks ago. I went to barrows and chucks gun and pawn in Warner Robins and called most of the bigger stores in Ga but nobody had anything. I made an account on gun broker and was going to buy on there until he found the one in LA, you might want to look into that too.

stringmusic

Also, 20 gauge turkey loads are really hard to find right now, mattech found me some Winchester longbeards at perry sportscenter.

I think TSS is a little easier to find but it’s $10 a shot.

ol bob

Match the right choke to it and it will do anything a $1000. gun will do.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I'm on a waiting list for Boss TSS 20 gauge shells.
Might not get any. Been waiting on that list since December. They raised their price but haven't made any ammo. You will like the Apex just as well as the Boss if you can't get any.

FootLongDawg

Thanks for the info. I was worried about that. I just got on the waiting list. How about shooting me a PM if the Boss folks let you order.. Do you have an opinion on the Federal TXX?

High road

I got one like that 3yrs ago and put a Vortex Venom on it choked with a Carlson .575. It shoots a good even pattern with TSS both Federal and Apex. It was also really good with Win. LB 6's. I tried the Sum-Toy choke and it was a little to tight for me. I think alot of turkeys are missed with these extra tight patterns cause you ain't got much room for error with a 12 in or smaller sized pattern at 40 yrds.

Duff

Good luck finding one oops. I’ve tried for almost 2 years. Everyone says Mossberg is not making them. I don’t know why. I’ve had a box of shells and a vortex venom waiting on one. Think I’ll try the tristar

Gator89

Good luck finding one oops. I’ve tried for almost 2 years. Everyone says Mossberg is not making them. I don’t know why. I’ve had a box of shells and a vortex venom waiting on one. Think I’ll try the tristar

The SA20 is made in Turkey by Armsan. The Turks are cranking out guns as fast as they can.

oops1

Buzzard Expert

Does tri-star make one drilled and tapped?

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Went with a Tristar. It’s got a rail to add a red dot and it’s more multipurpose than a just turkey gun. I really don’t want to drill into the pretty stock to add a strap but it’s got to happen. Probably tape it up too for turkey season. 11768DB6-E07F-4360-8BA6-E33ADF835D8F.jpeg