Mower wiring ?

aka rotten

Long story shortput a 17 hp twin cyl. engine on a better frame strickly to pull garden trailer with.Frame has no wiring whatso ever in it,key switch or nothing and just as side note no deck.What i want to do is use heavy duty push botton switch to start[2 wire hook up]and toggle switch to turn on and off[also two wires]Only wire on frame is battery cable from battery to selonoid post, one side of it,from there battery cable hooks on other top post and runs to starter,Solenoid has one spade connection on bottom.What i,m looking for is how to wire up,Engine has one wire for charging with diode on it.I,m a wiring idiot,anyone tell me what i need to do besides hiring someone.No lights notta,just start,stop,charge battery.You can pm or tell me here.Ijust want to impress wife!

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
You mean the ground runs from the frame to the solenoid and then to the neg battery post. By what you wrote that doesn't sound right. You need a wire from the positive side of the battery to solenoid. The. From solenoid to starter. Your push button needs a hot wire fused from battery to the push button. Then from push button to blade on solenoid. The neg cable from battery needs to go to the frame. Only problem then is you need a kill switch. Most of the time they work off a ground. You need to find that wire and put some sort of kill switch on it. The charge wire with diode can hook up to the battery side of the solenoid.

I might be wrong here but this is how I did my dads. It was a pull type snapper that I converted with a starter

aka rotten

You mean the ground runs from the frame to the solenoid and then to the neg battery post. By what you wrote that doesn't sound right. You need a wire from the positive side of the battery to solenoid. The. From solenoid to starter. Your push button needs a hot wire fused from battery to the push button. Then from push button to blade on solenoid. The neg cable from battery needs to go to the frame. Only problem then is you need a kill switch. Most of the time they work off a ground. You need to find that wire and put some sort of kill switch on it. The charge wire with diode can hook up to the battery side of the solenoid.

I might be wrong here but this is how I did my dads. It was a pull type snapper that I converted with a starter

Thank you sir and i,ll try that this w\e.And yes battery is grounded from frame to neg post in rear.Ill let you know how this works out.Thanks again

aka rotten

Thank you sir and i,ll try that this w\e.And yes battery is grounded from frame to neg post in rear.Ill let you know how this works out.Thanks again

I forgot to get back with you on this but you were spot on mower runs fine now as you posted,THANKS

M80

Useles Billy’s Spiritual Counselor
Your welcome