Mulberries

Lilly001

I have a Mulberry tree (bush?) at my Fl house. My son has started some cuttings from it and they seem to be doing well.
My question (s) is will they grow well I’m mid Ga (Dublin)?
And when would be the best time to try to plant them?

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpeg
    IMG_1249.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1250.jpeg
    IMG_1250.jpeg
    503.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1251.jpeg
    IMG_1251.jpeg
    576.6 KB · Views: 45

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I have a Mulberry tree (bush?) at my Fl house. My son has started some cuttings from it and they seem to be doing well.
My question (s) is will they grow well I’m mid Ga (Dublin)?
And when would be the best time to try to plant them?
Sure they’ll grow in middle Georgia, plant them now or in fall. Keep them watered for a couple of years. They taste similar to blackberries. You’ll have plenty of insects on them and birds.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, mulberries grow fine here, even up in the mountains. I have them growing on my place down on the SC/GA line, too. The red mulberries are native throughout most of the eastern US. You should be fine to plant them now if you keep them watered.

K80Shooter

I have a son that has some in Maryland so I'm sure that you're ok.

Like stated above, plant them now and keep watered for a couple of years.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Deer will like them too! They will eat the leaves almost all year long and the birds will spread seed all over as well.

arrendale8105

I bought and planted a couple yesterday that came from chestnut hill nursery. I’m curious about how they will do. I put a pretty good size cage around them.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I have a Mulberry growing wild here in South Coweta Co. The dang squirrels eat them before the birds have a chance to. And deer will devour the leaves. I trimmed mine back last fall and the deer were eating the leaves of the limbs while they were on the burn pile