muzzleloader

Looking for suggestions on a new or used muzzleloader to go on out of state hunts. Something in the $6-700 range with scope. Any ideas? Range of 150 yards and easy to clean.

shdw633

Looking for suggestions on a new or used muzzleloader to go on out of state hunts. Something in the $6-700 range with scope. Any ideas? Range of 150 yards and easy to clean.
Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader. You should be able to find one used in that price range.

Buckman18

Thats a great suggestion. I have a TC Encore that I enjoy. Thats another idea.

I have a 300 win mag barrel for it. Historically, my dad and i go to the club on Wednesday of muzzleloader week, and i swap barrels on friday night. One case=less packing.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
For that type of money I would roll with either a TC Triumph or a CVA Optima Pro and top it with 2-300 worth of scope. Both will do exactly what you want, be accurate and fairly easy to keep clean.

For a hair more I would buy the Encore and know that later should I decide I never wanted to shoot a smoker again I could put about any caliber I wanted on it and keep on shooting. My smokepole is an Encore 50 cal and I also use it for turkey season with a barrel swap to a 12 gauge. When I still rifle hunted I had a 270 barrel and a 300 mag barrel.

After you decide which gun you want, come back here for advice on the powder and bullets and accessories. If you fall in love youll have a blast with it.