Native Americans???????

H

HT2

O.K. we all know that everybody (or just about everybody) here is from somewhere else (I mean your ancestors).........

The Native American's (Indians) where the original people that lived here........Right??????

So, where did they come from??????

dbodkin

Original thoughts are they migrated across the Bearing Straits when it had a land mass. Modern theory is they came down in boats along the coast lines. Japanese most closely match their DNA. From what I read. However new findings are suggesting there were people here befor the native americans.

SPIRIT CAVE MUMMY -
In 1940, a body, which had become mummified above the waist, was unearthed in a cave called the Spirit Cave in the state of Nevada, USA. The mummified body was well preserved. Its scalp was complete, skin remained on the back and shoulders as well as a small tuft of straight dark hair, which changed to reddish-brown when exposed to light and air. The mummy had a bad back and had suffered, but survived, a skull fracture.

On 28 July 1996, another dramatic find was made in the state of Washington in the north western United States: on that day a well-preserved skeleton was found in the Columbia River in Kennewick. This skeleton has become known as Kennewick Man as a result. The nearly intact skeletal remains, found with a stone arrowhead lodged in the pelvic bone, are so obviously White, that forensic anthropologists and local police first thought them to be those of a 19th Century White male, about 45 years old, who was killed by an arrow.

An Indian Nation claimed Kennewick was an ancient ancestor and claimed the remains. Thereby not allowing continued research. I think it's in the courts now....

H

HT2

DB and Randall........

Good Info. Fellers..........

I was in the curious thinkin' mode last night........

I had always wondered....... :D