Nelly and Tanny in Kansas

nellyw92

It seemed as off the November from **** was going to prevail, halfway from Dallas to Kansas my tire blows out. Thought about calling the trip off but seeing how this is my last crack at it for the year I decided to truck on.

Got to Kansas and as I was lugging the stand, steps, backpack, rattling antlers, and bow into the stand I walked across ole Half rack. Coyotes had gobbled him up, don't know if he was injured in a fight or if the coyotes just ganged up on him him but he didn't make it.

Got the stand setup in the exact same spot where Stanton shot his deer and hoping to repeat the outcome. Just got settled. It's a little warm 60 and have a 15 mph WNW wind.

nellyw92

Lots of fresh rubs in this tree line and looks like the scrape has been kept fresh, let's hope whoever has been doing that comes by

nellyw92

It's cold this morning mid 30 with a big full flashlight for them to use all night. Les hope big boy is late to bed this morning. Just started my walk into the stand and it's very quiet

nellyw92

I'm settled and ready for action.
Moon was so bright I didn't need my own flashlight to get to the stand.
Stadium lights are warming up and ite shooting light already!

nellyw92

Young buck just walked from north side of property walked property line south bound.
Really pretty sight with sunrise behind him and only able to see his silhouette

nellyw92

After a long sit this morning and nothing going other than the lone young buck I climbed down and moved my stand closer to where I was last time we were here. Close to the SE part of property. Neighbor looks like he's about to cut his beans so hopefully it helps me instead of hurts me tonight. LAST HUNT due to a bad blizzard coming in tonight. Hoping that's what gets the deer moving

nellyw92

It's another warm afternoon 64 with a SSE wind at 7mph. Not ideal but can definitely get it done.
If they travel like I think they will I'll hit them before they hit my scent

MidwestAddiction

Shot a nice 12 point the day that snow storm came in a couple weeks back. Came into my decoy. Was in unit 15.
Where are y’all ?

Attachments

• 0EF7634A-9DCA-4EBD-B2A9-27A6069E283B.jpeg
    0EF7634A-9DCA-4EBD-B2A9-27A6069E283B.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 9C5B66D2-726F-4B4F-9108-35554FFD4E42.jpeg
    9C5B66D2-726F-4B4F-9108-35554FFD4E42.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 40

nellyw92

Lone doe just walked other side of fence on property line about 200 yds out walking southbound toward neighbor cutting beans. I'm sitting in the only tree line she could take for cover.