New Longbow

WildmanSC

Al/Jerald,

Thanks! Yes, it is a great shooting bow. It took me quite awhile to get to the point that I could shoot it up to its capabilities.

I shot it at the Archery Shop on the indoor 20 yard range for about 2 hours today. I'd have a shot that went exactly where I was looking, but then I'd have 5 or 6 others that would go anywhere but where I was looking.

In fact, I had one string of 6 shots that were at the same level on the target, but were distributed the full width of the target, about 3-3.5 ft. I was really getting frustrated.

Then a fella I've been shooting with for quite awhile gave me a couple of suggestions. He suggested I use a low wrist grip, shoot three fingers under and anchor the arrow with my nose on the back edge of the top hen feather.

I made those changes and also made another change, closing my left eye and leaving my right/shooting eye open. The groups at 10 yards became very tight. On my last group I did something I'd never done before with wood arrows. I shot a robin hood with my cedar arrows.

The nock of the arrow in the target was broken and driven down the back end of the shaft a bit. The back end of the shaft was also split down the center about 6 inches. The only thing that kept it from being a true robin hood is the second arrow didn't remain stuck in the first arrow in the target.

I think I'm going to like this bow!

Bill

WildmanSC

3-D Shoot

I shot my best 3-D score ever today with my Royal Crown longbow. The amazing part is I had the potential to post a really good score. I scored 122 through the first 15 targets. I shot a total score of 177, That means I only scored 55 on the last 15 targets. I either got tired, lost concentration and/or the targets on the back half of the range were set up a good bit more difficult.

Bill

Last edited: