New Reloading Table

Nimrod71

I have been using my old reloading table for over ten years and I think I have outgrown it. When I built it I had planned on using it as a mobile table. Well it still sits in the den where I built it. Yes my reloading has taken over the den, my Wonderful Loving wife is not happy. Well to clean things up I planned a much larger table with enough storage to contain all my reloading equipment, supplies and loaded ammo. I had planned a simple table 8 ft. long and 6 ft. high and 30 in. deep. Well after showing my wife the plan she upped it to and L shaped design which in total length would be 16 ft. total length. That's a lot of space.

Well after putting the design on paper and figuring the material requirements I headed to the lumber supply store. When they told me the cost of the lumber I thought they had made a big mistake in the order. I said the sounds a little high from what I paid for lumber three weeks ago, Sammy ask if I had been keeping up with the prices on things, which I haven't. I ask him to hold on and I went to truck and got the list of stuff for the 8 ft. table. Even the 8 ft. table lumber was $225 and that didn't include the plywood for the top.

I am now home with $225 of lumber about to get started cutting it up and building a new table. On well it's only Paper and I'll have more on the 3rd. Wednesday of the month.

Have fun guys, you only have one life enjoy it while you can.

GregoryB.

Always good building a new reloading bench. I will build a new one this fall when we get set up in our Retirement home. Getting a shop built with lots of space.

Big7

The Oracle
You can buy very good, strong benches with or without drawers or shelves. Hardwood top. Metal legs. I used them for years as a heavy work bench doing tool&die and plastic mold making.

MSC Supply will ship anywhere and if you are near Fulton Industrial and Mabelton they have a will call counter you can pick it up yourself.

At the cost and quality of these industrial grade work benches, I wouldn't even think about building one.

My 2 cents.

Gator89

You can buy very good, strong benches with or without drawers or shelves. Hardwood top. Metal legs. I used them for years as a heavy work bench doing tool&die and plastic mold making.

MSC Supply will ship anywhere and if you are near Fulton Industrial and Mabelton they have a will call counter you can pick it up yourself.

At the cost and quality of these industrial grade work benches, I wouldn't even think about building one.

My 2 cents.

I use a Lowe's brand work bench, laminated wood top, 7/8 inch thick, does not flex at all when running my Dillon 550's. I used a strong mount to attach the press to the bench top, oversized fender washers under the top so the bolts are not tempted to pull into the wood.

Dub

I have been using my old reloading table for over ten years and I think I have outgrown it. When I built it I had planned on using it as a mobile table. Well it still sits in the den where I built it. Yes my reloading has taken over the den, my Wonderful Loving wife is not happy. Well to clean things up I planned a much larger table with enough storage to contain all my reloading equipment, supplies and loaded ammo. I had planned a simple table 8 ft. long and 6 ft. high and 30 in. deep. Well after showing my wife the plan she upped it to and L shaped design which in total length would be 16 ft. total length. That's a lot of space.

Well after putting the design on paper and figuring the material requirements I headed to the lumber supply store. When they told me the cost of the lumber I thought they had made a big mistake in the order. I said the sounds a little high from what I paid for lumber three weeks ago, Sammy ask if I had been keeping up with the prices on things, which I haven't. I ask him to hold on and I went to truck and got the list of stuff for the 8 ft. table. Even the 8 ft. table lumber was $225 and that didn't include the plywood for the top.

I am now home with $225 of lumber about to get started cutting it up and building a new table. On well it's only Paper and I'll have more on the 3rd. Wednesday of the month.

Have fun guys, you only have one life enjoy it while you can.

Do it up. (y)(y)(y)(y)

You are absolutely right....enjoy life & live it. :flag:

Having lots of space to work is great luxury. Reloading, cleaning rifles, etc.

Hope everything goes well on the build.

My 2 cents.

Just took a look on their site. I could see this 72" working out really well. Well under $300. Looks like it can be had in different heights, too. (30" & 34").
5172482-24.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
I use a Lowe's brand work bench, laminated wood top, 7/8 inch thick, does not flex at all when running my Dillon 550's. I used a strong mount to attach the press to the bench top, oversized fender washers under the top so the bolts are not tempted to pull into the wood.
That works but the one's I'm talking about are laminated hardwood boards, no gaps and about 2" thick, much like a butcher block.

They will last generations.

Big7

The Oracle
Do it up. (y)(y)(y)(y)

You are absolutely right....enjoy life & live it. :flag:

Having lots of space to work is great luxury. Reloading, cleaning rifles, etc.

Hope everything goes well on the build.

Just took a look on their site. I could see this 72" working out really well. Well under $300. Looks like it can be had in different heights, too. (30" & 34").
View attachment 1138681
Dat' beez da' ones. ?
And there are many versions as I said before, you can get them with drawers and backsplash shelves or anything in between.

EXCELLENT quality. Been using them better part of 40 years.

Reactions: Dub

Latest posts