New Years Menus...

BBQBOSS

Banned
Lets see'em!

Im cooking my whole meal outdoors in my new camp ovens.

12" Deep Oven will have a Brisket cooked in it. Same one i cooked at DOG this year, if you was there.

10" Oven will have a mess of blackeyed peas with smoked ham hocks

14" Deep Oven will have a mess of collards cooked with little chunks of cabbage and crisco fried country ham.

12" Oven will have a cornbread in it, then a Caramel Apple Crisp in it.

Here are the basic recipes. They will always get tweaked. :cheers:

Barbecue Beef Brisket
5-6 lbs. prime fresh beef brisket; well trimmed
3 lg. sweet onions; thickly sliced
6 lg. cloves garlic; pressed or minced
1/2 cups chili sauce (your favorite)
2 Tbs. onion salt
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 Tbs. celery salt
1/2 cup beer (your favorite brand)
1 Tbs. course ground black pepper
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
4 Tbs. Wright's liquid smoke

Advance Preparation: The day before cooking, place the brisket in a large flat bottomed plastic or glass container. Sprinkle the garlic, salts, pepper and 3 Tbs. of the liquid smoke over both sides of the beef, then hand rub over all. Return to fat side up, then arrange the onion slices over the top. Seal the container with an air tight lid or with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinade overnight (24 hours).

In a 10" Dutch oven combine chili sauce, brown sugar, beer, the remaining liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce. Heat using 8-10 briquettes bottom and let simmer until all sugar has been dissolved.

Place the beef brisket in a 12" Dutch oven and arrange onions back over the top. Pour 1/2 of the prepared sauce over the brisket then cover and bake using 6-8 briquettes bottom and 8-10 briquettes top for 5 hours.

When beef is tender remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice brisket across the grain in thin slices and make sandwiches using the remaining barbecue sauce, reheated.

Note: For those of you who like to cook over a campfire this recipe works very well when the oven is buried in hot ashes and allowed to slow cook all day.

Serves: 10-12

Carmel Apple Crisp
Filling
8-10 large granny smith apples; peeled, cored and sliced
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 tsp. salt
1 (12 oz.) jar carmel sauce

Topping
2 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup instant oatmeal
1 cup butter; melted
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In a buttered 12" Dutch oven add apples and lemon juice; stir to coat apples. In a separate dish combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt; stir to mix. Pour dry ingredients over apples and stir until apples are well coated. Spread out apples and pour carmel sauce over the top.

In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, and walnuts; stir to mix. Using a fork mix in melted butter to form coarse crumbs. Spread topping evenly over apples.

Cover Dutch oven and bake using 10-12 briquettes bottom and 16-18 briquettes top for 60 minutes.

source: http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~papadutch/dutch-oven-recipes.htm

Palmetto

Same as every year!
Smoked Butt
Rendevous Ribs
Hopping John
Collards

One of my favorite meals of the year!

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Black eye peas..... collards... pork roast... boiled peanuts... cornbread... Ga Caviar......

bigox911

Pork tenderloin, Collards, Blackeyes, cornbread...maybe some rutabagas if I'm lucky :cheers:

blues brother

Fried hawg jowls
Smoked prime rib
black eyed peas
collards
cornbread

We are gonna have a cornbread "throw down" this year. Everybody gonna make a small pan with their own "spin" on it.

Desert will be them good old apple dumplings!

maker4life

We're shooting birds all day but will stop at lunch for bar b que sandwiches and that evening fried quail , rice , gravy , black eyed peas and greens . Can't hardly wait !!!

BBQBOSS

Banned
IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5064.jpg