NFL analysts: Tebow's draft stock rises from ashes

DeWalt

Banned
For some of the naysayers...you know who you are...
:fine: :fine: :fine:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/ap...aft-stock-rises-ashes/sports-colleges-gators/

TAMPA - Former University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow could do no wrong in college, but many believed he was not right for the NFL.

Tebow has two national titles and one Heisman Trophy on his résumé, but critics said he had poor throwing mechanics, was an inaccurate passer, and the college system he flourished in would not equate to NFL success.

Well, quicker than you can say "Gator Bait," Tebow's NFL Draft stock is rising - fast.

Many draft analysts are now predicting Tebow will be a first-round pick, which is a far cry from initial projections of him be selecting in middle rounds or the belief he would be moved to fullback or tight end.

Analyst Charles Davis of NFL.com and NFL Network has Tebow going to the New Orleans Saints with the 32nd overall pick, while ESPN NFL Draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. believes Buffalo could take him in the second round.

"I think that people are starting to look at it and say this guy is a winner," said NFL Network analyst Gil Brandt, who was vice president of player personnel for the Cowboys from 1960 to 1989. "He can do this, he can do that, he can do this and he can do that. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Tebow selected somewhere around 20th in this draft.

"I think people will look at him and see where he could be a year or two from now. I don't think you will have to worry about Tebow not working hard to progress to where he needs to be a quarterback in the NFL"

Tebow's worth ethic this offseason is one reason why his stock is soaring.

After being criticized for his slow, low and looping throwing motion, Tebow worked to improve his delivery with several experts, including former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden.

As a result, experts say teams have been impressed by his work ethic.

NFL Network analyst Mike Lombardi says the earlier reviews on Tebow were done by scouts who weren't looking at team-specific needs.

"When you get your coach to go in there and spend time with him [Tebow], and you find out what he can do as relates to what you want to do with your offense, and his intangibles are just incredible, his winning is incredible, and you can modify those skill levels into your team," says Lombardi, who has 20 years of experience as an NFL executive. "I think that is why, for a lack of a better term, he moved up."

Attachments

• Tebow Ga.jpg
    Tebow Ga.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 310
  • tim-tebow-georgia-f79dd70c0220bbb8_large.jpg
    tim-tebow-georgia-f79dd70c0220bbb8_large.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 312

jmar28

Man if Tebow wants some playing time he doesn't want to go to N.O., He'll never get ahead of Brees, Brees still got another 5-6 yrs easy

They were talking like the Patriots would get him, same thing, not playing with Brady there not for a few more yrs.

I believe it would be a waste of a pick to get him in the first round,

But then again I don't get paid the big $$$, so..........who knows

Jeff Phillips

Man if Tebow wants some playing time he doesn't want to go to N.O., He'll never get ahead of Brees, Brees still got another 5-6 yrs easy

Tebow would be a great 2nd string quarterback behind Brees and by the time Brees retires the Saints could draft a new starter:biggrin2:

Tebow could be the holder for the kicker too!

DeWalt

Banned
Who is Tim Tebow.:huh:

Durn AccUbonD, I figured he would be burned in yer memory...

He was undefeated against Tennessee..:huh:

Maybe this will help refresh memories yer tryin to block...:bounce:

"Tebow maintained control of the game with his legs and shoulders, finishing with 76 yards and a touchdown on the ground and 115 yards on mostly safe 14-for-19 passing. He ran for six of the Gators’ 20 first downs, including a 3-yard run on a fourth-and-2 on the first possession of the game, and threw for six others.

“If anybody can do it it’s (Tebow),” Kiffin said. “I probably said it three times on the headsets, ‘is the guy ever gonna wear out?’ It’s unbelievable. Not only physically, when you hit him, but some of those (short, crucial) gains, he runs 50 yards to get them. He doesn’t wear out.

“It’s like trying to tackle (former Tampa Bay fullback Mike) Alstott. You’re going, and you’re going to try to pound him, and he runs over you for a few extra yards. I don’t think he’s human. I really don’t.”

Tennessee defensive end Chris Walker said there is only one legitimate scheme for a defense planning to face Tebow and the Gators.

“He’s a tough guy to bring down one-on-one,” said Walker, who had a sack and another tackle for loss among his six total stops. “You pretty much have to gang-tackle him. You’ve got to get the whole troop to come and get him. With the intensity he plays with, we knew he wasn’t going to let his team fall. We tried to wear him down a little bit, but he lasted.”"

:fine: :fine: :fine: :fine:

Attachments

• tebow - tenn.jpg
    tebow - tenn.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 261

AccUbonD

Wait a minute I think I remember him now was he the FB Florida would use in short yardage situation? Yeah I think thats him, Kinda made a name for himself on 3rd, 4th and goaline plays running over undersized defensive backs and LB's. Good luck with that in the NFL.

Last edited:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
The only reason anybody would enjoy seeing Tebow flop would be because all these guys like DeWalt who couldn't love him any more if they had given birth to him themselves are gonna be hilarious. I really don't know if some of these guys will be able to handle it. Ane you know who I'm talking about don't you Dewalt?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Wait a minute I think I remember him now was he the FB Florida would use in short yardage situation? Yeah I think thats him, Kinda made a name for himself in 3rd, 4th and goaline plays running over undersized defensive backs and LB's. Good luck with that in the NFL.

He's that kid that cries when he doesn't get his way.

DeWalt

Banned
The only reason anybody would enjoy seeing Tebow flop would be because all these guys like DeWalt who couldn't love him any more if they had given birth to him themselves are gonna be hilarious. I really don't know if some of these guys will be able to handle it. Ane you know who I'm talking about don't you Dewalt?

Take a breath, count to 10, and try to calm down there Bwad. Yer gonna give yerself a case of the vapors and faint.

Spell check, punctuation, and proofreading are yer friends.

::ke: ::ke: :bounce: :bounce:

Attachments

• Fainting-couch.jpg
    Fainting-couch.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 234

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Take a breath, count to 10, and try to calm down there Bwad. Yer gonna give yerself a case of the vapors and faint.

Spell check, punctuation, and proofreading are yer friends.

::ke: ::ke: :bounce: :bounce:

Friends? Well I'll send them your way sense you don't have any gramps.

DeWalt

Banned
Jon Gruden: Tim Tebow a first-round NFL draft talent

Wait a minute I think I remember him now was he the FB Florida would use in short yardage situation? Yeah I think thats him, Kinda made a name for himself on 3rd, 4th and goaline plays running over undersized defensive backs and LB's. Good luck with that in the NFL.

The former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach says Tebow has probably worked himself into the first round of the NFL draft

By Jeremy Fowler, Orlando Sentinel

GAINESVILLE – Jon Gruden, a long-time supporter of Tim Tebow and the Florida Gators, says Tebow could very well crack the first round of next week's NFL draft.

Gruden, the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach, worked with Tebow in Tampa as part of this week's ESPN series chronicling his work with quarterbacks eligible for the April 22-24 draft.

Gruden says teams that really want Tebow should go after him in the first round instead of waiting. First Tebow needs to "go to Triple A, get some at bats," meaning he needs a year or two of time as a backup quarterback in the league.

"Somebody with a down-the-road philosophy or vision for him will take him, and take him earlier than some people expect," Gruden said.

After working out Tebow, Gruden said he's not surprised by Tebow's ability or knowledge of the game. Tebow already knew the terminology for many NFL offenses before they met, Gruden said.

"Nothing really surprises me other than there are a lot more doubters than maybe I expected," Gruden said. "Tim's transition to more of a conventional NFL style has drawn a lot of questions from people, whether he can make the modifications in his passing delivery and adapt to playing under center…What I'm really impressed with is the way he sits on the edge of his chair and his work ethic and relentlessness to become great is really second to nobody."

Tebow didn't improve his stock at the Senior Bowl in late January, but he unveiled a quicker, more concise throwing motion at UF's Pro Day on March 17.

Gruden said Tebow would play another position if necessary but believes in his abilities as a quarterback. The ideal situation for Tebow, Gruden says, is sitting behind an established quarterback for a couple of years and learning the system.

"He just needs somebody to work with him and tell him what to do and he'll get it done," Gruden said.

Tebow's personality is "everything that's advertised," Gruden said.

"I think his commitment to what he believes in is real," Gruden said. "It doesn't waver."

This the fullback you were talking about?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

• tebow - tenn.jpg
    tebow - tenn.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 163

DeWalt

Banned
Friends? Well I'll send them your way sense you don't have any gramps.

Change yer avatar picture back dood, those guys look like a reunion tour of the Village People...

::ke: ::ke: :cool:

Attachments

• TheVillagePeople.jpg
    TheVillagePeople.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 159

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Change yer avatar picture back dood, those guys look like a reunion tour of the Village People...

::ke: ::ke: :cool:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:I'll hand it to you man, THAT was funny. The thread about Kentucky was just dumb. I told you I would laugh if it was funny. But I can promise you, you wouldn't think that about any of those old boys in that pic. Trust me.

AccUbonD

The former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach says Tebow has probably worked himself into the first round of the NFL draft

By Jeremy Fowler, Orlando Sentinel

GAINESVILLE – Jon Gruden, a long-time supporter of Tim Tebow and the Florida Gators, says Tebow could very well crack the first round of next week's NFL draft.

Gruden, the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach, worked with Tebow in Tampa as part of this week's ESPN series chronicling his work with quarterbacks eligible for the April 22-24 draft.

Gruden says teams that really want Tebow should go after him in the first round instead of waiting. First Tebow needs to "go to Triple A, get some at bats," meaning he needs a year or two of time as a backup quarterback in the league.

"Somebody with a down-the-road philosophy or vision for him will take him, and take him earlier than some people expect," Gruden said.

After working out Tebow, Gruden said he's not surprised by Tebow's ability or knowledge of the game. Tebow already knew the terminology for many NFL offenses before they met, Gruden said.

"Nothing really surprises me other than there are a lot more doubters than maybe I expected," Gruden said. "Tim's transition to more of a conventional NFL style has drawn a lot of questions from people, whether he can make the modifications in his passing delivery and adapt to playing under center…What I'm really impressed with is the way he sits on the edge of his chair and his work ethic and relentlessness to become great is really second to nobody."

Tebow didn't improve his stock at the Senior Bowl in late January, but he unveiled a quicker, more concise throwing motion at UF's Pro Day on March 17.

Gruden said Tebow would play another position if necessary but believes in his abilities as a quarterback. The ideal situation for Tebow, Gruden says, is sitting behind an established quarterback for a couple of years and learning the system.

"He just needs somebody to work with him and tell him what to do and he'll get it done," Gruden said.

Tebow's personality is "everything that's advertised," Gruden said.

"I think his commitment to what he believes in is real," Gruden said. "It doesn't waver."

This the fullback you were talking about?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A quote from Jerry Jones Owner of the Dallas Cowboy's on Tim Tebow.

Different other guy: What, you, you wouldn't take Tebow in the third round?

JJ: Why? He'd never get on the field. I can't get him out there.

[Laughter]

JJ: I can't get him out there.
:cheers: