Nice bob !

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Bobcats are my favorite animal in the deer woods too, Ant. Love seeing them around. Of course, I like all cats. :bounce:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s a biggun too! I’ve seen several too and each time it’s been kind of nostalgic……I like em!

rosewood

psedna

UAEC
What is the biggest bobcat that you have heard of in Georgia?

I see a few each year, very special to see one, especially if they never know you are there.

While I shot a couple when I was young, I just couldnt shoot one now - I know that they predate on fawns and turkeys but they are natural to our area - unlike the devil themselves coyotes.

True story, when I was in high school in southwest ga in the early seventies, we used to rabbit hunt at night with a 22 - didnt have many deer back then so game warden really were not a problem. We were riding dirt roads below Newton in Baker county drinking a beer or two, and a bobcat ran out in the road, I jumped out with an auto nylon 66 and unloaded the entire magazine as he ran across into a field. Well, i hit him prob the last shot in the ear which was just a lucky shot of course. A friend was going to skin him out, but the freezer went bad before he could. You could not hold him up with one hand/arm. Supposedly they said that they weighed him and it was like 45/47 lbs. Should have taken a picture. Also, younger brother of a friend had to ride in back of truck due to no room and he was the youngest. A little while later, we heard the little brother on top of the truck hollering. The bobcat started moving some with him in the back of the truck totally dark back there!!! Pretty funny...

ChiefOsceola

That’s some mighty late peanuts if that’s what it is .

Yeah, the pictures are from about a month ago, but still late. That particular field is basically a small sand pit from runoff anymore. Never produces anything, but they still plant it.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
One of my favorite animals in the wild. They always get a pass from me, even if I catch one in a foothold.
Me to furtaker , they are actually easier to release than a raccoon to me . You just got to get one of the front legs in your catch pole , and trust it ?