Nice coondog for sale. Treeing Walker. Royston,Ga

Jake Dude

-Treeing Walker
-3 years old.
-Nice bawlmouthed track dog with a chop on the tree.
-Very nice locate.
-Moderately loud. He has a voice that carries well with a nice rough tenor to it.
-Medium hunter
-Friendly to man and beast.
-Son of Wipeout Zack and out of a Tequila Sunrise female on bottom.
-Can grub out an old track and is a fairly fast track dog.
-ACCURATE. He trees coons, not trees.
-$1500 OBO

Give me a call at 706-680-5337 if you want to see him run. My email address is lookferhim@gmail.com

I don't get text messages

Jake

Last edited:

GA DAWG

Would you consider coming to Dawsonville area and showing him at our spots? Good safe spots.. He aint ill is he?

Jake Dude

No, he is not ill.

The reason for selling him is that I got married, started training retrievers, and just really don't have the time for it anymore. That's about it. He's a good dog that I would keep if I was hunting. It's really just an injustice to make him sit in the pen when he could be out treeing coons.

I had a guy call that is interested in him today. Hopefully we can get together and hunt soon.

Ga Dawg,
I would rather hunt around here to be honest. I have final exams all this week, but give me a call sometime next week (or whenever) and we can work something out. You'll need to let me borrow a light since I don't have one anymore haha.

Take care,
Jake

GA DAWG

I will have the man with tha money call you..We have plenty of lights:biggrin2:

Jake Dude

He called last night. We might go hunting next week if he is still interested in the dog. Hope it works out for him (and me to haha). Rough "should" be rolling good by that time since he hasn't been hunted in a while.

I hate saying that a dog will do anything, don't you? Nothing will make a liar out of you faster than a dog or a woman. Every time I talk to someone on the phone about Rough I just cringe. I prefer they come and go hunting to see for themselves.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

GA DAWG

We will be there next week...Your buddy called him tonight and hes pretty intrested..I'll bring an extra light:cool:

Jake Dude

Due to unforseen circumstances beyond his control the guy that was supposed to come and look at Rough was not able to come. So, I still have him up for grabs if anyone wants to see him go.

This is a really nice dog at a very reasonable price. Come check him out.

GA DAWG

I'm hoping we can het there before you get rid of him..Sorry about not making it...It was a false alarm:smash:

Jake Dude

Glad to have met y'all. Sorry about the poor dog work, but you know how it is. Nothing will make a liar of you quicker than a dog or a woman.

Rough had a bad (and I mean bad) night while these gentlemen were checking him out and they decided not to purchase him. He pretty much did everything the opposite of the way I said he would do and the way he normally does. But that's a dog for you. They all have their bad nights.

So I still have him here and will be hunting him myself a couple mornings a week if anyone wants to come and check him out. Despite his off night, he is still a very nice coon dog and I'll be enjoying some good hunts until someone decides they want to take him home.

Take care,
Jake

Jake Dude

Well, I took Rough out this morning to a spot right behind my house. It was me Rough and my brother-in-law. We had a great hunt with two coons in about 45 minutes including the time it took to get to the tree and all that stuff.

First drop was a 6:00am when the sky is getting a little grey. I turned him loose and he sauntered off down through the woods and got gone. In about 2 minutes he struck a track less than 100 yards away behind me in the opposite direction I turned him loose in. He worked it for about 3-5 minutes and located and treed. I gave him a few minutes to make sure he was certain that's where the coon was and then I went to him. Found the coon laid up in a big squirrel's nest about half way up the tree. We didn't even need lights.

We walked him about 30 yards away from the tree and cut him towards the creek. He struck about 50 yards away in the direction we pointed him and started to work the track. After about two minutes he was really moving the coon with short bawls. He was actually going so fast that I thought he was on a fox for a minute. Then he just treed all of a sudden with no locate at all. And I though, "That's strange," because he locates 95% of the time before he trees. So we start walking to him and he sounds like he is really far off on the other side of a big pond we were hunting near. When we get to the other side he sounds like he is up near the house, and when we get to the house he sounds like he is back where we started. The only thing is, the dog had not moved and was treeing harder than I have ever heard him treed. So we walk down to the pond and he is on the other side so deep in a muskrat hole that I can't even see his tail just hammering every breath.
About the time we turn to go get a shovel to dig him out with all I can hear is Rough shut up and a coon start squalling. And the fight is on! Rough drug him up out of that hole and that coon tore his head up! After about 10 seconds of fight the coon breaks away and heads back in the hole with Rough just hammering away looking back in.
I got some pictures of his bloody, muddy head that I will post tonight. Next time I take him I'll make sure I bring the camera in the woods.

If anybody wants to hunt you are welcome to come. The only thing is that I won't turn loose before 2 am because the coons are staying up because of the heat. The last time I turned him loose at 10 and it was barely dark with no tracks to run and the dog looked like a fool because I was foolish enough to not wait on the coons to come down.

Jake

Brian Ratliff

Never understood why dogs i go look at never hunt why im there but the very next nite they'll tree 3-4 coon. Gess Im not the only 1 that has that effect on a dog man I feel alot better I was begining to think there was something wrong with me.

Jake Dude

And every time I try and sell one, which ain't often, it acts like a fool and tries it's best to make a liar out of me like Rough did when those guys came out to see him. I just hate that people sometimes have to judge a dog solely on one hunt and it turns out to be a bad night.And when I go fishing, everybody there will go home empty handed even if they have been catching fish all week.

One of those things I guess.

I know for sure that I'm not turning loose right after dark for awhile. I have never been hunting early in the morning like that and it was a blast. I wish I could just keep the dog, but babies and women alas...

He ain't no world beater, but I like him enough that I wish I could keep him. I really wish that I could sell him to somebody local who could come out and get a real good feel for him before they make a decision. But as long as he gets hunted regular and taken care of, I guess I don't mind where he goes.

Jake

Last edited:

Jake Dude

Here are the pics from this morning. You can also see the huge scar he has on his face from being bitten by a copperhead when he was a pup.

That coon tore him up.

Attachments

• 100_9259.jpg
    100_9259.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 2,516
  • 100_9257.jpg
    100_9257.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,823

GA DAWG

This dog has a good mouth and will flat out hunt alone..Was just a bad night or something when we went..The coons didnt move till we headed back toward the house..Heck we nearly ran over 3...I know he want run coyotes either..So thats a plus! Jake,I'm sure somebody will get him when they see him tree them coon like he did this morning...It was nice meeting ya'll...

Jake Dude

Nice meeting you too. Let me know if you change your mind. I promise he is a better dog than what you saw that night!

I'm gonna try and get him out in the morning and see if he can scare something up a tree. I'll try to remember to take pictures as well. I don't know if my camera will zoom enough to see a coon in the top of a tree, but I'll try and get some coon in the tree shots if I can.

Jake

Jake Dude

Took him out again this morning and had a fair hunt. He treed in what could be described as the Spaghetti Junction of the forest the first time and I did not find a coon. Not that finding a coon is hard in the summer time or anything :rolleyes:

I walked him about 10 yards away from the tree and cut him again and he tried to go back to the tree, so I yelled at him and that was enough to change his mind. He went on down a creek and struck in a little beaver pond and finally put the coon in a hole in the ground about 30 yards from the place where he holed one up yesterday. I guess it was probably the same coon or one of a litter of kittens that lives there. Yesterday he pretty much made the coon go in the hole and drug him out, but today was your typical treed in a hole day. Just barking and a hole.

I waited until 7:00 to turn him loose, and I think I should have cut him a little earlier before the coons decided to go to sleep. But there were tracks to run, so that was good. I'll try 5:30 tomorrow.

The pictures were took in broad daylight, so I don't know why the look so black. Maybe it was the flash :confused:

This is looking more like a hunting blog than an ad,

Jake

Attachments

• 100_9263.jpg
    100_9263.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,496
  • 100_9265.jpg
    100_9265.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 2,476