No Killing Albino Deer In Tennessee

six

I personally wouldn’t shoot one. I like to root for the underdog, and they were born with the odds of survival stacked against them in an enormous way. But certainly wouldn’t fault anyone legally killing one.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Seems like most piebalds are genetic defect, with overbites, shorter legs, and various abnormalities. I`ve seen a couple but really have no desire to kill one. Nor an albino. I did pass on a spike buck back in the early 80`s that was nearly all black. I reckon he was probably the most unique colored deer I`ve ever seen.

earlthegoat2

Most of them die as fawns from predation so adults are just that much more unique.

I wonder if the people who contacted the gubmint reps were hunters or PETAs.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Laws, regulations and rules. Bout to the point where if you do anything there’s a good chance of you getting a citation.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's cool to see a white deer. I've seen only two in a lifetime of hunting. But I also don't see the point of protecting deer with defective genetic mutations.

Well my point of view is this. I would rather see one on display that was harvested by a hunter than killed and ate by predators that we may never see or get the experience of seeing one.. if they are that rare most of us will never see them anyways. I have never seen an albino or piebald In the wild. If I did they would be full body mounted are and displayed proudly..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
From what I've seen, the other deer hate them.

greg j

They are genetically defective, by letting them live and breed they are spreading their genetic defects. That being said< I don't know if i would kill one or not. Take a visit to St. Germaine Wisconsin and see all the Albino and Piebald deer they have. The whole town is full of them cause they banned hunting them a long time ago.

Firebug80

I’ve had this doe at a mineral site numerous times. Have never seen one in the stand so I can’t say what I would do until I actually see it live. I’m good if somebody else takes her, but my gut tells me I would pass on her. I normally don’t shoot many does anyways.

Attachments

• DD52ACE5-9CBD-484C-9635-708DC5153E65.jpeg
    DD52ACE5-9CBD-484C-9635-708DC5153E65.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 29

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I won't shoot ya, I won't shoot ya...the heck I won't...

Saw a lot of albinos in VA along with piebalds in the early 90s, have seen a couple here.