North Florida Trout

KLBTJTALLY1

This fishing report is for all the Georgia folks that venture to the Northern Gulf. Especially 1eyefishing and Slow Motion.

Had a decent day yesterday. East of the lighthouse in between the rivers about 1/4 mile out. Even though it was a decent East wind at 1-2' I caught about 10 with five keepers. None over 20". A lot of small fished missed. The landing was clear and sky was perfect. A white Gulp with Yellow Tail under a CJ seemed to be the ticket for me. Didn't try much else as that always seems to do the trick. I'm sure a bottom approach would have done better. No pics just my word. For some that's good enough.

Tried a few trolls with no success. Hoping the macks will pick up soon.

Good luck!

slow motion

Thanks for the report. BTW. We believe you. We just like pics. Did you happen to see the water temps?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I have heard the recent high water has flushed them out onto the flats with a vengeance.
It was transition time anyway.
Now when the water clears up a little it will be good times!
Looks like i'm rolling south with the bayboat (instead of the jon) today or tomorrow...
I have to go through the big A so I will probably try to avoid friday afternoon traffic...
Thanks for tha word, see you on the flats!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I have heard the recent high water has flushed them out onto the flats with a vengeance.
It was transition time anyway.
Now when the water clears up a little it will be good times!
Looks like i'm rolling south with the bayboat (instead of the jon) today or tomorrow...
I have to go through the big A so I will probably try to avoid friday afternoon traffic...
Thanks for tha word, see you on the flats!
Give my regards to Mr. Horne.

notnksnemor

I will pass gas in his general direction.
I think my brother is coming down to stay there a few nights midweek...
I do miss the fishing there. Especially an occasional trip to the M24 barge.
But, it's not worth the time in the Wakulla County jail.
A man's got to know his limitations. :bounce:

1eyefishing

I do miss the fishing there. Especially an occasional trip to the M24 barge.
But, it's not worth the time in the Wakulla County jail.
A man's got to know his limitations. :bounce:

Ya, it's a real shame.
My local friends say they were pretty busy with the spring R.V's but that the motel rooms and cabins have been deadsville all spring.

notnksnemor

Ya, it's a real shame.
My local friends say they were pretty busy with the spring R.V's but that the motel rooms and cabins have been deadsville all spring.
Keeping my RV in Port St. Joe is working out good for now. I just have to figure out the post Michael fishing.

1eyefishing

Keeping my RV in Port St. Joe is working out good for now. I just have to figure out the post Michael fishing.
Man, I wanna fish there again!
My new boat has has never been there and it will be far more capable than my old G3 tunnel hull.
Keep an eye out for a decent boater friendly spot for me to stay. Needs water and electricity for the boat each night.

t.jpgstjoe trout-1-1.jpgIMG_20181119_185047_01.png

doomtrpr_z71

I went after reds and offshore but the other boat in the crew down here is currently trying to limit out on trout after the shearing the shear pin in his Ipilot.

notnksnemor

Man, I wanna fish there again!
My new boat has has never been there and it will be far more capable than my old G3 tunnel hull.
Keep an eye out for a decent boater friendly spot for me to stay. Needs water and electricity for the boat each night.

View attachment 1300944View attachment 1300945View attachment 1300946
You might look at Presnell's. $80 a month to keep my RV in their storage.
Tow the boat down, unhook, move and set up the RV.
Free launch/load if you are in the park.
The sites on the east side would probably suit you. I rent a wet a slip and keep the boat in the water while I'm there.

1eyefishing

Is the wet slip along the seawall or in the docks?