NRA funds mismanagement brought to light in NY State court

Rich M

"The NRA with all its faults and the WLP problems is still a driving force in Washington , with its monies and large membership, that keeps the 2A haters at bay. The objective should be righting the ship instead of abandoning it and watching it sink with all our guns on board. "

Even Flex Seal cant fix the leaks in that ship... I no longer want to be in the Titanic Band .
NRA has become a lion with no teeth or claws for no other reason than the worthless "upper management" that WE funded. How many years have we heard the same "WLP has to go" with a grand total of nada/0 actually happening? I absolutely agree that people who are dedicating their entire livelihood to fighting for any of our rights should receive appropriate compensation from those they are fighting for, but 10x+ the income of the average supporter who is funding them can never be justified. Who do they think they are? head of a TV megachurch? Same level of integrity in my book.

Best way to cure cancer is to cut off blood flow to the tumor, WE are the ones keeping the cancer fed in this case unfortunately and there will be no change until that is rectified.

I do wonder though how many of those fine suits my $7500k+ bought over the decades....

We do have viable options , GOA gets my $ these days. Why not support the ones in the 2a fight that still believe in integrity?

Glad we have this forum where we can disagree without be disagreeable.
I need to go fishing....

The way it lost power was the folks who turned on them instead of pushing for change.

Bad mouth em and watch it implode, make the left happy and lose our guns.

GOA ain’t big enough or tough enough to do the job.

TL60

LOL Just how do you effect change when you don't have a vote capable of making those changes?

A decade + of trying to clean out that rat nest by multiple honest NRA supporters has resulted in absolutely nada.

So just how will that change happen? What is different now? Sad that it took NY to shine more light on the roaches. Keep feeding them, they have no reason to leave.

Help me understand how I can help fund this with my $ that I have to actually work for, his expense budget in a month is multiple times more than my entire year's salary... and I wonder what the total is for all the handpicked BOD members?
Not just bad stewards of the members $ , but worthless crooks.
"In 2014, NRA contributions totaled $103 million and LaPierre's compensation was $985,885. In 2015, NRA contributions totaled $95 million. In that year, LaPierre received a $3.7 million deferred compensation distribution from his "employee funded deferred compensation plan", which was required by federal law, and according to the NRA raised his total annual compensation to $5,110,985."

Not a matter of turning against them, more a matter of enough is enough.
What they have done in the past, what all those dedicated people have done to get the needed training, and then sharing that knowledge with the rest of us is exactly why enough is enough. The aristocracy of the NRA do not represent the 99% of its members.... yet they have 100% of the control... Why are any of the Board and Executive staff not directly voted in by the membership?

Their member numbers are dropping and everyone else's is growing, sadly that is where the future defense of our rights as gun owners will be coming from. They will be getting bigger as more NRA members see that doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is not working out so good.

doomtrpr_z71