Nuisance bear Towns County

MJAGA

I am looking for possible help. I'm a gun owner but not a hunter. We have been invaded by one or two good size black bears at our home. My mother-in-law is 86 and I'm afraid that she may be in the wrong place sometime. He/she has been back 5-6 times in last 4 weeks. Doesn't appear to be afraid of us. Any suggestions how to make it go away permanently? In Towns County but not in city limits.

jbogg

There were so few acorns in the mountains this year the bears are scrambling to find food anywhere they can. Make sure the garbage is inaccessible, and if she is putting out birdseed or dog food that will attract them as well. They should be going dormant soon, so I would expect her visitors will disappear over the next few weeks.

Christian hughey

I am looking for possible help. I'm a gun owner but not a hunter. We have been invaded by one or two good size black bears at our home. My mother-in-law is 86 and I'm afraid that she may be in the wrong place sometime. He/she has been back 5-6 times in last 4 weeks. Doesn't appear to be afraid of us. Any suggestions how to make it go away permanently? In Towns County but not in city limits.
Are you still seeing them. I will get rid of one of them for ya. I have 1 tag to go!

fiddlinduke

Theres some folks here that would be glad to help you out.

Christian hughey

Best to do some wildlife mgt. with that gun of yours before season is out. My experience with the bears is there not much of a threat unless injured. But in a year with no food, who knows animals are unpredictable. Keep granny inside and call a professional. My services are free of charge. Lol