Numbers game: Comparing new Georgia QB Jamie Newman to Jake Fromm

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hard to compare the two. We will only know how he stacks up against Fromm, when the season starts. May be great, may be average, may be on the bench.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
To bad Fields couldn’t compete at Fromm’s level. But he can go to the Big and start instantly. Doesn’t say much about the Buckeyes.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
The article only compared Newman to Fromm during his Junior year!

Compare Fromm to Newman in 2017 & 2018 when poor little Fields had to pack it up and LEAVE!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
To bad Fields couldn’t compete at Fromm’s level. But he can go to the Big and start instantly. Doesn’t say much about the Buckeyes.
Except that he won a big 10 championship and got a spot in the playoff. Something that won't happen at UGA for awhile

FootLongDawg

I just hope Kirby, Monken have an open mind and give all the QB 's a chance. Not that I didnt like the addition of Newman, but I sure would not mind getting a younger guy in there, that can start for a few years, assuming he is the best available.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just hope Kirby, Monken have an open mind and give all the QB 's a chance. Not that I didnt like the addition of Newman, but I sure would not mind getting a younger guy in there, that can start for a few years, assuming he is the best available.

Newman will only be there for a year. If he wins the starting job, this could be a good guy, for a young QB like Carson Beck to learn from.

TinKnocker

Or an sec championship

You can forget about a natty

1-2-800x349.jpeg

Browning Slayer

You're right. UGA will probably NEVER win a Big 10 championship.
Why would we want to? We could send the Vols up there and they would win it.

Browning Slayer

Except that he won a big 10 championship and got a spot in the playoff. Something that won't happen at UGA for awhile
He won a Big10 Championship.. Big whoop.

And he lost when he had to face an actual football team outside of the Big.. Ohio State always does great in the garbage Big10. Jake Fromm won the SEC and a playoff game while a Freshman. And Fields couldn't compete with him. It's why he screamed the race card and left.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
He won a Big10 Championship.. Big whoop.

And he lost when he had to face an actual football team outside of the Big.. Ohio State always does great in the garbage Big10. Jake Fromm won the SEC and a playoff game while a Freshman. And Fields couldn't compete with him. It's why he screamed the race card and left.
But you wish he was still a dawg.