NWTF

Gaswamp

N.ow W.here’s T.hose F.unds

Me and that organization split ways years ago.
yep me too used to be on a banquet committee for a couple of years but moved on. Magazine sucks now too

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
It started out with good intent.
Then human greed stepped up to the plate. So all that was done to benefit was whipped out.
Agreed 100%...what we'll see is, if a wild turkey is capable of surviving with a profit oriented industry on their backs! That industry is HUGE and getting bigger every day a single wild turkey is still roaming the woods.

turkeykirk

I believe the former President of the NWTF, Rob Keck, was the first to kill turkeys in the 49 states that have them. Wonder how many I helped pay for.:biggrin2:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I believe the former President of the NWTF, Rob Keck, was the first to kill turkeys in the 49 states that have them. Wonder how many I helped pay for.:biggrin2:

Well, I paid dues in 1973 and 1974 so I might have helped him in his quest. I dropped out of that rat killin` after that though. :)

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m sure there projects will continue. Maybe not near as strong.

ssramage

I love the NWTF. I love the new logo.

I actually don't mind the logo either and I understand why they changed it. At first I wasn't crazy about it, but it's grown on me. As someone who works in the consumer products industry, I think it was the right move. The old logo, honestly, was pretty busy and had gotten stale. Their focus has to be on hunter and new member recruitment. If they come across as stale, they won't speak to the new hunters coming along and the dollars they take in will dwindle. Regardless of what everyone else says, their audited financials show that they spend multi millions on wild Turkey conservation. I'd hate to see where we'd be if that spending/research wasn't there.

ShortMagFan

Went to a local chapter banquet in the late 90s in central Virginia. Obvious the raffle was rigged. Rob Keck always got on my nerves. As others have said my time, money and effort goes into habitat improvement on my land. I ordered a shirt from Nomad a year or so ago and was disappointed it had the (old) NWTF logo on it

Mexican Squealer

I’m no longer a member of any of these “conservation” organizations. My conservation efforts go directly into the resource. They don’t pass through the hands of others. Nothing against any of them or those who support them though. Your money, your choice.

buckpasser

I place them with organizations like the American Heart Association. A rich history. Tons of good results and history from dedicated members and donors. Today however, AHA is lost. They’re too political. Pro-left, anti-right and probably won’t produce any breakthrough technology or shift any lifestyles as they did in their past.

I’m curious, what good can the NWTF really do (for us or the turkeys) moving forward? This is not a rhetorical question.