Odd thing found

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Trying to make a statement they know nothing about. They need to follow this old crippled up swamper for a spell. If they can.
Yep. A lot of those hippies have their heart in the right place for the most part. They feel the attraction to nature and the wilds and feel the energy of it, they just don't know how to channel it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yep. A lot of those hippies have their heart in the right place for the most part. They feel the attraction to nature and the wilds and feel the energy of it, they just don't know how to channel it.

We`ve had a few in our schools and classes that showed potential. Enough so that I haven`t given up on the human race yet.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We`ve had a few in our schools and classes that showed potential. Enough so that I haven`t given up on the human race yet.
I taught some classes at the Firefly Festival a couple years. Lots of young folks with potential, but not knowing what path to follow after years of being indoctrinated. Teach a person to build a fire with two sticks, or knap an arrowhead or build a bow, or find food in the woods, and most of the time, they are going to want to connect to reality instead of the crazy stuff that everybody is into these days.

Sixes

Here close to me Etowah River there's about 40 prehistoric weir's between me and Rome
They're up the Etowah headed north also. I know where some are up above Canton to Ball Ground.

Funny thing is, I grew up exploring Little River from where it meets the Etowah all the way up above I575 and out the feeder creeks and I have never seen a "fish trap" up that river, but I might have "spotted" a few indian sites up that way.

Wayne D Davis

They're up the Etowah headed north also. I know where some are up above Canton to Ball Ground.

Funny thing is, I grew up exploring Little River from where it meets the Etowah all the way up above I575 and out the feeder creeks and I have never seen a "fish trap" up that river, but I might have "spotted" a few indian sites up that way.
Lots of gold in the river up that way also . I live like 1.5 miles from the Etowah Indian Mounds. When they aren't generating you can see a huge V weir / trap across from Coopers Furnace

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the typical one around here:

cairn.jpg

ChidJ

I've haven't seen one of these since I was in Hawaii. I went on a hike with some fellas from my Army unit and found a bunch of them at the bottom of a waterfall. We thought it was some sort of rock stacking competition or a tropical version of a snowman. So naturally we kicked over all the others and grabbed the biggest rocks we could possibly pick up and made the biggest rock stack we could. Had no idea it was a weird hippy activity