Oil plug on tractor

sghoghunter

I’ve got a little small Japanese tractor similar to a yanmar and I was changing the oil in it this afternoon and noticed when I loosened up the oil plug something inside came loose. I left it loose and let it trickle out for a couple hours then went back and started to tighten it back and it came all the way loose and started spinning and wouldn’t tighten up. Is there a nut tack welded on the inside of the pan or what? I was able to take a small screw driver and pry the plug away from pan and tighten it back up but gotta figure something out before next change

Big7

The Oracle
I’ve got a little small Japanese tractor similar to a yanmar and I was changing the oil in it this afternoon and noticed when I loosened up the oil plug something inside came loose. I left it loose and let it trickle out for a couple hours then went back and started to tighten it back and it came all the way loose and started spinning and wouldn’t tighten up. Is there a nut tack welded on the inside of the pan or what? I was able to take a small screw driver and pry the plug away from pan and tighten it back up but gotta figure something out before next change
If it's a pan, take it off and have an iron nipple welded in and use a pipe plug.

Do you have a pic?

sghoghunter

If it's a pan, take it off and have an iron nipple welded in and use a pipe plug.

Do you have a pic?

I can get one tomorrow. Problem with that is the whole motor will have to come out cause the way the pan fits in a hole in the frame and it’s kinda made around the front axle chunk.

sghoghunter

Do you have a pic?

Not a real good pic but it kinda shows what I’m working with

Attachments

• 182BEC4E-F425-434F-8563-6B6285C7287B.jpeg
    182BEC4E-F425-434F-8563-6B6285C7287B.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 50
  • AD592B1D-3A01-452C-8999-F201E44916BA.jpeg
    AD592B1D-3A01-452C-8999-F201E44916BA.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 50

2dye4

Yes they are. I’m not complaining one bit cause this is one thought lil joker. I called our shop mechanic this morning and he said they have a nut tack welded inside the oil pan and sounds like it came in tacked
Glad it is a quick fix

Latest posts