Opinions - Best duck and goose calls for N GA

rholton

Echo Timber in a single reed and the new meat hanger in the double reed. Zink and RNT calls are very good as well. As several people have said, It doesn't matter what the call costs if you can't blow. The expensive calls sound just as bad as the cheap calls if you can't make a duck sound. However, once you learn how to blow a call there is a difference in price. The cheaper calls are cheaper for a reason. They don't have the quality materials that really resonate that "ducky" sound. In a wood call, I would go with a cocobola material and nothing else. Beyond that, acrylic is the best sounding option.

waddler

Banned
Wood in the woods and Acrylic in the fields.

Tim Williams is making some great cocobola calls in Alpharetta and not too steep.

tdwilliams_15175@msn.com

770-855-1778

Check him out.

waddler

r_hammett86

flextone or any "cut down game call" timber talker

im not big on flex tone. but i do have a few CDGC and my favorate is the timber talker. tho you can't blow it to hard or its really loud. it echos great in timber. turned a whole heap of Gaddys around with it this year, even busted a few mallards that were def not local.

i have found that if you buy a new call all the time, you'll hate the last one you just bought. buy a nice call that you can afford, pratice with it, and don't buy another one til you blow the reed up or loose it.

have echos, primos, HS, CDGC, and a duck camander. the ebst so far for me is the timber talker. use it everywhere from open water, marsh swamp or timber.

my goose call is Primos acrilic goosezilla, loud and brings those dumb can heads right to me like they're on a zip line into my decoys. and a primos wistle call, works great for teal and i double it as my woodie call and mallard grunt also.:cheers:

Nitro

Banned
For most of the Georgia boys I have heard, the best call is the one you leave in your pocket.

No Dat!!!!!!!!!!

I will be happy to give any of your calls an Arkansas tuneup...

Mark K

Banned
Now Andy I always leave my call in my pocket when your in the blind. Which is where you better be this year!!! You should have a lot of aggression towards our webfooted friends.

Now to the fellow that posted this thread - any call will work - there are no geographical specific calls. A mallard is a mallard is a mallard. Same with all other species of ducks and geese!!!