Ossabaw hog hunt

Redman54

we will be down for the second hunt. Do yall know how it goes down after you get a hog? I'm a newer hunter and got my first deer this year and learned the whole dragging out/gutting experience the hardest way possible. So im trying to be completely prepared for this hunt. when they come to pick you up is the hog supposed to be gutted and ready to hang in the freezer or can you bring the whole hog back with you closer to camp? I'm hoping one of you guys or someone there maybe could guide me through the whole gutting/field dressing process. Youtube videos could only go so far to help me do my deer...I ended up with a stomach content/crappy mess o_O
You can field dress your hog in the woods or back at the skinning shed, it's up to you. However, dragging a hog out of those woods would be a nightmare and we never bring one out whole. We clean them where they fall, pack the meat in our back pack and keep on hunting. When we get back to camp, I wash the meat down, put it in a breathable laundry bag and hang that in the walk in cooler.