Ossabaw island!

jth678

I got drawn for the archery only hunt at ossabaw can anyone tell me if I’m allowed to bring a non hunter with me to camp? I dont really want to go by myself so it would be good if I could take my wife with me to go camping. Thanks for the help I don’t really know what I need to bring or how to get over there I heard they had a ferry that will take you but I’m not sure. All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Barron79

I got drawn for the archery only hunt at ossabaw can anyone tell me if I’m allowed to bring a non hunter with me to camp? I dont really want to go by myself so it would be good if I could take my wife with me to go camping. Thanks for the help I don’t really know what I need to bring or how to get over there I heard they had a ferry that will take you but I’m not sure. All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
I’m not sure about the non hunter. I went last year and it was the best experience ever. I went on the February hunt but got drawn for the December deer hunt this time. Go to the search bar here and type in Ossabaw Island. It is full of good threads full of information. Be prepared for the worst bug invasion of your life. Get past that and you will have a blast.

Barron79

Ossabaw has a ferry. They will send you a letter a few weeks before the hunt with their information. Last year it was $100 per person. That was to take you out and bring you back after the hunt. Very nice guys. It’s a private ferry ran out of the marina.

Blackston

The Ferry comes from Kilkenny marina ,It is not affiliated with the island, they will send you a letter ( wouldn’t hurt to call em ) Boat leaves Kilkenny creek ( I call it co-op creek) travels through ICW , Makes a left into Newell creek to the south end Ossabaw dock …… Beautiful ride and a trip you will ALWAYS remember!!! Good luck ?!!!

Philbow

I don't know the official policy but on every hunt I've been on there were non-hunters in some camps every time. The non-hunters were restricted to just the camping area.

coastalredneck

yes.. you can take a non-hunter to camp. You will need someone to keep up camp as the time spent back at camp is limited. The truck leaves early and drops off late.

Hunter/Mason

I went with my brother as a non hunter 1 year on a hog hunt. And when the my sons have drawn the youth hunter the place had a lot of non hunters in camp.

Luvntheoutdors

When I was there years ago, I seen a hunters wife that was a non hunter ride with us to his drop off. She got out with him and back in when he had hogs on the ground. They didn't even check like that anyway. I bet you could get by with letting him get on the wagon in the am when ya'll go out.

jth678

Well that’s good I think my father in law is going to come with me and hang in camp and fish while I hunt. Thanks for all the help guys!

rocidlik

Well that’s good I think my father in law is going to come with me and hang in camp and fish while I hunt. Thanks for all the help guys!
Any update on your father in law's experience? Was he able to get around and fish at all? Wanting a friend to go but I will most likely hunt all day, so I don't want them to have nothing to do. I will most likely bring my boat so he could go out and fish with my boat as well.

Luvntheoutdors

Any update on your father in law's experience? Was he able to get around and fish at all? Wanting a friend to go but I will most likely hunt all day, so I don't want them to have nothing to do. I will most likely bring my boat so he could go out and fish with my boat as well.
He can walk down the road out of camp some and catch some fish in the spillways coming off the marshes.

rocidlik

He can walk down the road out of camp some and catch some fish in the spillways coming off the marshes.
Yeah, we fish around there quite a bit, but I want to convince him to go. I know I would be content with occupying myself all day but not sure what all there would be to do but fish. I am sure he could socialize with others on the island.