Ossabaw Island 2nd Hunt Primitive Weapons 10/26 to 28th

AllanS

I got lucky and was drawn for this hunt. Anyone else going on this hunt? My usual suspect/hunting buddy didn't get drawn so I will be alone. Just wondering if any GON people will be hunting that hunt. Might be nice to meet a few there. I've never been there before and will be going out of Kilkenny later on Wednesday evening. I read a bunch of threads and think most of my questions were covered. I do still have a couple questions about the areas, does anyone have a photo of the map of the areas? I would like to get an idea of what I'm looking at. Does Tmobile work on the Island?

Blackston

I got lucky and was drawn for this hunt. Anyone else going on this hunt? My usual suspect/hunting buddy didn't get drawn so I will be alone. Just wondering if any GON people will be hunting that hunt. Might be nice to meet a few there. I've never been there before and will be going out of Kilkenny later on Wednesday evening. I read a bunch of threads and think most of my questions were covered. I do still have a couple questions about the areas, does anyone have a photo of the map of the areas? I would like to get an idea of what I'm looking at. Does Tmobile work on the Island?
It should…. There’s cell towers on “ mainland “ pretty close to island…

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
A group of 4 of us will be there. It's one of my favorite places to be and the PW hunt is usually a good hunt.

Can't say how good or bad T-Mobile might be. We use Verizon and sometimes have better service in camp than at the marina. It's spotty other places on the island. There's a thread somewhere on here that has a map and I'll see if I can find it.

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Could not get the previous posts to pull up a map, but I did find a copy.

Attachments

• ossabaw_hunt _map (1) (1).pdf
    194.4 KB · Views: 50

AllanS

I like the north of the island ….. This was 30 yrs ago though I think I was stand 66
I was looking at that. Looks like I could bring a sand spike and a surf rood and fish while I hunt! My luck would be that the pole would double over at the same time a 10 pointer walked out and I would miss both.

Jim Boyd

based on memories from 35-40 years ago and mainly on Wassaw - the rut should be full on.

We used to go to Wassaw first weekend in November and the bucks (small as they were) were going bonkers.

Acorns should be raining.

Blackston

based on memories from 35-40 years ago and mainly on Wassaw - the rut should be full on.

We used to go to Wassaw first weekend in November and the bucks (small as they were) were going bonkers.

Acorns should be raining.
I can smell the salt air in audingsell ( my spelling may be off )

Blackston

I was looking at that. Looks like I could bring a sand spike and a surf rood and fish while I hunt! My luck would be that the pole would double over at the same time a 10 pointer walked out and I would miss both.
Them dunes got some bell tail snakes in em

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
I'll lay in a hammock, but I can't seem to be comfortable in one for long. Certainly less equipment and lighter with a hammock. We'll see ya'll on Wed.

Mac

The 60'S are all day stands drop you off in the morning and pick you up at dark. So you need to plan ahead if you try those areas.
65 and 66 are huge! I saw a rattler on 66 during Thanksgiving youth hunt that was as big as your leg.