Out of concern for the hillbilly I'm starting the supper thread early

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I'm with you, but she's a sharecropper's daughter born in '33... guess cornbread was all she knew. She eats it with everything... spaghetti, sweet & sour stir fry, etc. I can't even watch her eat.
My Mamaws grew up with cornbread for pretty much every meal, they liked biscuits better

WOODIE13

Here's the basic recipe for beans and dumplings

menhadenman

@NC Hillbilly too bad I’m not closer I’d help you move aka drank all yer booze and poke fun at some stuff you should let go.

I trust your camera is full of meals to share once you’re back online.

Good luck, moving ain’t fun but it sounds like there’s some good and old memories for you on this one (y)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, ya'll did it up right!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
@NC Hillbilly too bad I’m not closer I’d help you move aka drank all yer booze and poke fun at some stuff you should let go.

I trust your camera is full of meals to share once you’re back online.

Good luck, moving ain’t fun but it sounds like there’s some good and old memories for you on this one (y)
It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate living in the same place for 35 years. Much of it useless and unneeded.

ambush80

I'm with you, but she's a sharecropper's daughter born in '33... guess cornbread was all she knew. She eats it with everything... spaghetti, sweet & sour stir fry, etc. I can't even watch her eat.

My mom is the same with rice; spaghetti, lasagne, steak and baked potato, prime rib, tuna casserole, she even eats white rice with her fried rice.

WOODIE13

I might be inclined to dump a whole bunch of hot sauce and diced onions on that. Looks good.
Dice up some onion or ramps and butter, pretty good

ambush80

Not much on pineapple, but do like anchovies, plus shrimp along with the kitchen sink. There was a drive inn here, King Tut, that made them really good, unfortunately they recently closed after some 80 years.
Never had shrimp on pizza. When I found out that our local pizza place would sell dough balls we did allot of pizza experimenting, much of it on the grill. We even tried a recipe I read about that had calamari with arugula, pine nuts, and shaved parmesan. It weren't great. The calamari released a bunch of liquid that made it sloppy and unappetizing, but maybe I just executed it poorly.

Last edited:

WOODIE13

Never had shrimp on pizza. When I found out that our local pizza place would sell dough balls, we did allot of pizza experimenting, much of it on the grill. We even tried a recipe I read about that had calamari with arugula, pine nuts, and shaved parmesan. It weren't great. The calamari released a bunch of liquid that made it sloppy and unappetizing, but maybe I just executed it poorly.
Try the shrimp, theirs were cooked and drained so no soggy dough.