Out of concern for the hillbilly I'm starting the supper thread early

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I've been wanting to try double pineapple/ double anchovy since I saw Joe Rogan and Elon Musk had some delivered mid podcast.
Not much on pineapple, but do like anchovies, plus shrimp along with the kitchen sink. There was a drive inn here, King Tut, that made them really good, unfortunately they recently closed after some 80 years.

WOODIE13

I am fascinated by the variety of things called "dumplings". Anybody feel a strong way about their dumplins'?
Seen them from spoonfuls of biscuit dough dropped in liquid (chicken, apple, blackberry, pinto beans) to rolled out and sliced dough (not a dumpling in my opinion) to stuffed dumplings.

Depends on the food, but I'm a drop dumpling fan or stuffed, the cut "dumplings" need to be on a cobbler

ambush80

Seen them from spoonfuls of biscuit dough dropped in liquid (chicken, apple, blackberry, pinto beans) to rolled out and sliced dough (not a dumpling in my opinion) to stuffed dumplings.

Depends on the food, but I'm a drop dumpling fan or stuffed, the cut "dumplings" need to be on a cobbler
Pinto beans?

Would you consider a matzo ball a dumpling? Gnocchi, Spaetzle? For chicken and dumplins' I think I like the broad flat squares, but I think I might call them noodles at that point. When I think dumpling, a dough ball comes to mind; a lump.

slow motion

I'm certainly no expert on dumplins but I figure it's one of those "more than 1 way to skin a cat type of things"

Everybody eating well tonight. Hillbilly says him n Arlo are too so I guess all is right with the world now.

WOODIE13

Pinto beans?

Would you consider a matzo ball a dumpling? Gnocchi, Spaetzle? For chicken and dumplins' I think I like the broad flat squares, but I think I might call them noodles at that point. When I think dumpling, a dough ball comes to mind; a lump.
Gnocchi and spaetzle, yes, but a matzo ball is a hard reach for me.

Definitely noodles imo for the flat ones.

Guess it all depends on where you grew up and what you ate

Pinto beans, drop biscuit dough in after its done cooking, lots like it around here, but I'm more a fan of cornbread, but my wife likes dumplings with hers

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Gnocchi and spaetzle, yes, but a matzo ball is a hard reach for me.

Definitely noodles imo for the flat ones.

Guess it all depends on where you grew up and what you ate

Pinto beans, drop biscuit dough in after its done cooking, lots like it around here, but I'm more a fan of cornbread, but my wife likes dumplings with hers
I do just believe that if I put dumlin's of any kind in "Daisey's" pinto beans she'd stroke slap out. To her cornbread is it's own food group and must be consumed on a daily basis.

WOODIE13

I do just believe that if I put dumlin's of any kind in "Daisey's" pinto beans she'd stroke slap out. To her cornbread is it's own food group and must be consumed on a daily basis.
For me, types of bread fit with types of food, but some prefer one over all

Latest posts