Overdue Homecoming in the Smokies-A Good Morning

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I’m getting caught up, Steve. I see you’ve been busy. Glad to see it and be a part of it through reading. Keep em coming.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I've actually never been to the low country of South Carolina. The SC in my screen name is for Schley County. I cut my teeth hunting and fishing along the Flint River, Muckalee and Muckalooche Creeks. The river and creek bottoms have my heart but the mountains, man I love the mountain hollers!
Same. Schley and western Macon County are places that I can’t really describe in terms of how I feel when I’m in those woods. As much as I love them I probably love the mountains more. It may sound over the top to some but there is something that I get when I’m in those mountains that I can only get there.

SC Hunter

Same. Schley and western Macon County are places that I can’t really describe in terms of how I feel when I’m in those woods. As much as I love them I probably love the mountains more. It may sound over the top to some but there is something that I get when I’m in those mountains that I can only get there.
No I promise I understand. My wife is from Macon County (poor girl) and grew up on the river. Her daddy is about the most laid back man I've ever met and the man knows the woods and water. We had a conversation one day about the woods just relaxing you and how the serenity is unable to be described. The woods around here speak to me and just make me feel at peace for some reason. The mountains landscape and culture of the locals just makes me feel like its another home. If I could combine Schley County creek bottoms and hardwoods with the mountains that is where I would call home.

RFJ25

I love coming in to see your trip reports and thoughts on all the splendor in the southern Appalachians. Thanks so much for the words and pictures.